thirteen - past

{Edited} 

(I made these twitter accounts up, if they're real then it's a coincidence) 

It has been almost a month since Kaylee left. I called and texted her thousands of times but she won't respond back to me. Niall tried calling her but she won't answer his phone calls. Then after a few days, her phone had been shut off and the number had been disconnected. It took all my strength not to hop on the next plane to Ireland and go and meet her. The guys told me that it wouldn't be a good idea if I flew out to see her but the girls on the other hand keep telling me that I should because if it was one of them, they would want their boyfriend to run after them. So I am just stuck in the middle here.

"The guys and I are going bowling tonight, want to come out come out?" Ever since Kaylee had left, I had been moping around, hoping that she would at least come back and tell me it was a mistake she left. So I just shook my head at Zayn and turned back to my phone on Twitter. Zayn just shook his head and left my room, shutting the door behind him. I logged onto Kaylee's twitter account and noticed all the hate people have been sending her. Is that why she had left? I scrolled through the tweets, my heart clenching at things people said to her.

@OneDirectionAreMyHusbands: Ew, Harry is mine. Fuck off. Go kill yourself @KayleeHampton

@followmeharry: Kill yourself @KayleeHampton

@MrsStyles222: @KayleeHampton you're a whore. Why are you even here??? Kill yourself already, you bitch

@Fuckmeliam: @KayleHampton can you not? No one wants you here. I hope you get cancer and die.

@1Dlover: drink some bleach

@Directioner4life: @KayleeHampton I'd be happy if you killed yourself, the whole fandom would be happy

I stopped reading the things those people said. Tears were surfacing at my eyes and I felt horrible.Just because she is dating me, she gets this much hate? Don't they understand that she makes me happy? Don't they want me to be happy? Too sad to think about this anymore, I started tweeting some things.

@Harry_Styles: Sending hate to people can destroy their lives. Sending death threats can actually cause them to kill themselves. Being a bully isn't something you should be proud of. +

@Harry_Styles: If you sent someone a death threat and they killed themselves because of the things you sent them, how would that make you feel? Would you feel happy because you caused someone to kill themselves? +

@Harry_Styles: Or would you feel guilty because you pushed someone that far? If you see someone getting bullied, stand up. Stand up for what is right #stopbullying. It's not a joke. +

@Harry_Styles: Oh and one more thing, I thought you guys wanted us to be happy. I am happy with @KayleeHampton but sending hate and death threats doesn't make me happy. It kills me. Please stop. +

@Harry_Styles: I love you guys. I don't want anything to happen to the people that I love. So please stop sending death threats to my girlfriend. All The Love H

After I finished my rant on twitter, I locked my phone back up and laid down in bed. After a few minutes of silence, I heard my phone start ringing. Looking at the name on the screen made my heart jump.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, " Her voice put me at ease. My heart thudded against my chest.

"Why did you leave?"

"I needed some time to myself. I'm sorry, Harry."

"Can't you come back? I miss you and I love you."

She chuckled and took a deep breathe, "I love you and miss you too but I can't come back. I'm sorry, Harry. Things are getting too complicated and the hate is getting to me. I can't take those kinds of things. I'm sorry."

"Did you see my tweets? Did you see what I said about what people say, about us?"

"I did and that is why I called. Thank you Harry, but I think we need to stop seeing each other. I am taking the cowardly way out and breaking up with you. I just want you and your directioners to be happy so I am giving them what they want. I'm sorry, baby."

My heartbeat skipped a beat at her words, "I love you so much"

"I love you more, but I have to go, okay?"

"Wait, not yet, stay on the phone for a little while."

"Goodbye, Harry. "

@Harry_Styles: I hope you're happy because you got what you wanted.

***

"Do you guys have everything? I owe you guys one. Thanks for doing this."

They nodded at me. "We're brothers Harry. We would do anything for each other."

The guys and I stood at Kaylee's front door. Perrie rang the doorbell. Kaylee's front door opened and there she stood, her mouth wide open.

"I love you so much Kaylee, so the guys and I wrote this song."

Niall started strumming the guitar and he started singing;

"I figured it out

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours

Maybe they had to take some time"

Then Liam picked up the next lines:

"I know how it goes

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight

Like us

Did they ever fight

Like us"

Liam looked over at me and I poured my heart into this:

"You and I

We don't wanna be like them

We can make it till the end

Nothing can come between

You and I

Not even the Gods above can

Separate the two of us

No nothing can come between

You and I

Oh, you and I"

We all kept singing and by the end of the song, Kaylee had her hand over her mouth and tears were forming in her beautiful eye. The other girls were crying too and Dani was saying something about wanting Liam to be as romantic as me.

"I love you so much," I said running up to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I love you too," She mumbled into my shirt. She grasped my shirt, acting as if I let go, I would leave.

"I am not leaving," I mumbled into her hair.

"Okay," She whispered and let the tears fall from her eyes.

This. This was the moment that I would cherish for forever.

This was the moment that meant the world to me.

And no matter what happens, this moment would be one that I will grasp onto for forever.

Even if it's the only happy one we'll be having for a little while.

___________________