twenty one - past

{Edited- also for your feels, a fetus One Direction making a bonfire to the side}

________________________________________

It was rough for a while after Kaylee was released from the hospital. Kaylee was still getting death threats. I don't know why, but she still was. I decided to ban her from using any social media besides Facebook because we each have a personal one that the fans still haven't found yet. Also, when Kaylee was released from the hospital a few days ago, we were mobbed with paparazzi and the fans. It was hard to get though because she was in a wheelchair and they were all grabbing at us and her. We had about seven body guards with us but it obviously wasn't enough. Kaylee also has been having these nightmares of getting attacked but instead of being saved, she was kidnapped and in her dream, they kept her and tortured her. She would be sound asleep and just start thrashing in her sleep, screaming and crying. At first I was scared but I soon learned to get over my sacredness to help her.

After Kaylee was home, we got together to try and find the people that almost killed her. We found them after I went back to the crime scene and found a knife with their fingerprints on it. We found the people and what hurt the most, I believe, was that the girl was Greg's girlfriend and Niall's friend. Greg was really in love with that girl but he couldn't feel any remorse for the things she did to Kaylee. He told me that Kaylee was more important because she was like his sister and family comes before friends and girlfriends. So now those people are rotting in jail for attempted murder, hurting a person, and attempted rape, and sending death threats. We wouldn't be seeing them ever again.

However, I don't necessary believe that was the roughest part of our week. I think the toughest part would have to be the phone call I kept receiving from management. Apparently there were dozens of interviewers wanting to interview only Kaylee. Simon had called me and told me they wanted to learn Kaylee's story. They wanted to know her whole story and how she ended up where she is today. They wanted to know about her bullying, suicide attempts, cutting, and how she overcame it all. They wanted to know how Kaylee could be so strong after everything that had happened to her, but where they definite that Kaylee was as strong as she seemed on the outside?

So now I sat here at my kitchen table in Holmes Chapel thinking. I didn't know how to answer Simon. I told MM! that the answer was no because Kaylee had been through so much already, so did she really need to be in the spotlight when she was already getting hated on? Then I get a phone call from Simon because MM! did not like my response. Apparently I was getting 'too involved' with a messed up, broken girl. Kaylee was broken but maybe I was the right person to fix her. Maybe we met because I was made to glue the pieces back together of her broken self. In my eyes, she's an angel but to other people she's just a sad, depressed, broken girl. But, she was my broken angel and I am going to mend her wings so she can fly high again. I miss seeing her genuine smile.

So now I need to figure something out to either tell Kaylee about the interview opportunities or just forget about it and move on with our lives.

***

"Are you going to tell her about them?" Niall asked me me. The lads and I were in London recording new songs. We were on lunch break right now and I had mentioned the interviews Simon mentioned to me over the past weeks.

"Do you think she really needs to hear about this after everything she has been through so far?" Liam asked. He was eating pasta, his puppy brown eyes looking up at me after he was finished chewing.

"To be honest? I have no fucking idea. It's so hard to keep doing all this shit. It's hard on me but just imagine how hard it can be on her right now." I played around with the food on my plate, barely eating anything since our food was placed in front of us.