twenty three - past (may be triggering for some)

{Edited- this is not in Harry's POV, this is in Kaylee's and this may be triggering for some}

_______

"Hello LA, we are back with the final person of the day and someone you all have been waiting for. Give a round of applause for Kaylee Hampton!"

The crowed went crazy and I waved awkwardly to the audience. I looked into the camera and said, "Hello."

"Hello, Kaylee. Now this is the million dollar question that everyone wants answered: how did you meet one direction?"

I smiled softy, though my insides were a big fluttery mess. I was a nervous wreck. I kept playing with the rings on my fingers, hoping that butterflies would settle down. I didn't think I would be this nervous so I took a deep breath and began speaking, "I once had a huge crush on Greg Horan, which you all know is Niall Horan's older brother. I had thought that if I befriended Niall, I would get to know Greg and maybe even end up with him. It was hard at first because he had a girlfriend. When I realized how much he was in love with her, I knew that I would never have a chance with him, so I gave up. Niall was so sweet to me and I treated him like crap. I told him everything and he forgave me so easily and that's when I realized how lucky I am to have him. Greg knew I had a crush on him and he forgave me shortly after for using his brother, which was a crappy thing to do. I was stupid and young back then.. After that, Niall and I have been inseparable. Then Darianna moved to our part of Ireland and Niall fell for her right then and there. We befriended the new girl and it was us three forever."

Katie nodded her head, intrigued with my answer, "You said you guys were inseparable so how did you feel when Niall left?"

I knew this question was going to be asked, so why was I dreading it so much? "I was mad, furious even.I didn't speak to him for months. I ignored every text, call, Skype, letter, email, everything. I didn't think it was fair how he was able to go all the way across the world, and escape everything while I was still stuck in Ireland, suffering."

Katie gave me a weird look, forgetting about her note cards, "What do you mean by 'escape from everything'?"

I took a deep breath, "I had trouble while growing up. My mom and dad didn't have a lot of money, so I had to go to stores that people donated clothes too. Word got around and people started to make fun of me. I was hurt because I didn't know why they were making fun of me. Some mean girls twisted around the story and told people that I probably got my clothes from homeless people. I just ignored them and continued on with my life in Elementary School. Why should I care so much on what people think of how I dress? I am wearing clothes which was better than nothing, right?"

"Yes, and what happened when you got to high school?"

"When I got high school, everybody was staring at me. First day of Highschool so I am a freshman, scared out of my mind. I walk down the hall trying to find my locker and notice that everybody is whispering and pointing at me. I didn't understand how everyone knew me because I was the new kid to the school. I hadn't done anything because I spent the summer in the States with my aunt, uncle and cousins. Turns out that the girls that bullied me from elementary school, spread rumors and rumors about me. Their boyfriends said I slept with them and the girls called me names and told everyone that I had AIDS and STD's. It hurt because everybody turned against me. My friends weren't even there for me. I don't really understand why everything hurt me so much if I knew the truth and that I didn't have those diseases. I think I was hurting so much because nobody was on my side. It was me against the school."

I took a deep breath, continuing my story, "Niall was the only one that stood by my side. I told him he would get made fun of but he stayed. He said he didn't care about some stupid reputation. He was all I had because that summer my mom passed away and my dad died of depression. I was living with Niall for the rest of my years in High School. His parents took me in and treated me like their own daughter. Even though they took me in, the harsh words and laughter didn't stop. I ended up skipping school a lot and eating in the bathrooms. Pathetic, I know.