thirty nine - past

{Edited}

___

"Are you nervous for the ultrasound?" I asked Kaylee as we both sat in the waiting room of the doctors office.

"A little bit. I want to ask some questions though, like about everything. It's our first baby so I want to do everything right. I don't want to screw up, you know?" I nodded, fully understanding what she meant since I wanted to know some things too.

"Kaylee Hampton." At the sound of her name, we both looked up and saw a nurse smiling at us. "Are you Kaylee and Harry?"

"Yes," I said.

She smiled, "Are you the father?"

"Yes I am." The nurse nodded, "Well, you both can follow me then." She brought us into a small room in the back.

"Alright Kaylee, the doctor will be in here in a few minutes. She just has to finish up with the patient next door. Change into this gown and just leave your under garments on. Any questions? Or would you like to leave those for the doctor?"

"We'll leave those for the doctor, thank you," Kaylee said, hopping down from the bed and retrieving the gown from the nurse. Once the nurse left, Kaylee started taking off her shirt, folding it and handing it to me and then the same with her pants.

Before putting on the gown, she turned to me saying, "Look Harry, I am starting to show a tiny bit."

Looking over at her, I noticed that there was a small little bump . It wasn't very noticeable but it was still there. You sort of have to squint to see it. "That's so amazing" I said, running my hand over her belly.

"Alright, I better get this gown on before the doctor comes in." She put the gown on and then got back up on the table, her legs dangling off the side.

After about five minutes, there was a knock on the door and a middle aged woman walked in, "Hello Kaylee, I am Dr.Strong." Kaylee shook the doctor's hand. Once finished, Dr.Strong walked over to me. "You must be the father. I'm Dr.Strong."

"I'm Harry, nice to meet you." I shook her hand and she chuckled a bit.

"Trust me, I know who you are, you're Harry Styles. My granddaughters love you and the lads. And by the look on your face you don't want people knowing your girlfriend is pregnant so you're secret's safe with me." Letting out a breath of air, a Little bit of weight lifted from my shoulders.

"Alright, Kaylee, before we start why don't you ask me some questions since I am pretty sure you are a first mom."

Kaylee nodded, "Well I was wondering when I would be able to find out the sex of the baby"

Dr.Young smiled, "Now, that can be different with every woman. Right now, the baby inside of you is still growing and does not have any body parts yet so we cannot tell what the gender is. With most people, we find out in their second trimester when the baby is growing and growing. With most people, we can find out in the fourth month around the 17th week. Or even later which would be the fifth month around the 18th week. But, like I said, it can be different with each woman. Any more questions?"

I nodded, "Yeah, what do trimesters mean?"

Kaylee and Dr.Young laughed, "Alright, in a woman's pregnancy there are three trimesters which consist of the months. The first trimesters is months one through three. In those three months that equals weeks one through thirteen. In the second trimester, we have months four through six which consists of the weeks fourteen through twenty-six. And in the final trimester we have months seven through nine which consists of the week 27 through 40. Anyone more questions?"

I nodded once more, "When will the baby be born?"

"Now that defiantly rangers with each woman and when the baby was made. A doctor will give the woman a date on when the baby should be born. Depending on the growing rate of the baby, the baby can come before the due date or even after the due date. If the baby is after the due date, we are more likely to cause the baby to come ourselves which means we induce the mother to go into labor. A baby can come before the due date meaning he or she can be underweight and in the risk of dying. I am not trying to scare you but I just want you to know the possibility is there. Will there be any more questions?"

Kaylee and I both shook our heads. "Alright then let's get on with this, Kaylee please lay back for me"

As Kaylee laid back, the nurse lifted up her gown, pulling a blanket underneath her belly so her legs and stuff weren't shown. "This might be a tab bit cold first but as I rub this over your belly it will warm up a bit and then we can begin the ultrasound."

Once Dr.Strong finished rubbing the cold blue gel on Kaylee's belly, she got the ultrasound and started going over her belly, "Right there is your baby."

Looking on the monitor, I could feel my eyes watering. Suddenly, everything felt so much realer and I just wanted all these months to speed up so that I could have this baby in my arms.

"Judging by the smallness of your baby, I am going to say your due date with be in April, April 28th. Now, would you like this picture printed out?"

"Yes."

"Okay, how many? The most we can do is eight."

Kaylee smiled, "We'll have eight then."

Once the doctor finished getting the blue gel off her belly, she walked out of the room and told Kaylee to get dressed.

"We're you crying, Harry?"

"No, I just teared up. Everything seems so much realer. It's crazy how there's a little us inside your stomach. I can't wait to hold her or him."

"Me either."

After getting our pictures, we both headed out of the doctors office, hand in hand, with smiles on our faces.

***

Kaylee and I were fighting. After such a good day, we were fighting.

"You're such an asshole, Harry."

"Oh, I'm the asshole? You're being such a bitch right now. All I did was leave my dirty towel on the ground. So what? What is the being deal? If you did that and I yelled at you for it, you would cry!"

"Because I'm pregnant Harry! My hormones are all out of whack and all I want to do is cry and yell at you and eat food all day!"

"You know, we shouldn't be fighting. Causing you stress isn't good for your baby."

A fiery glare surfaced in Kaylee's eyes and I knew I said something wrong, "Oh, you inconsiderate piece of shit. My baby? Are you serious right now? This is our baby not just mine and not just yours but ours. I can't believe you just said that.. What the hell is wrong with you? Do you not think before you speak? It takes two to make a baby not just one so this baby is ours!"

Softening my voice I said, "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking straight."

She scoffed, "Obviously you weren't thinking straight but I guess I can forgive you."

I smiled, "That was easier than expected. Can we just put this behind us and go to bed?"

"Sure thing, Harold." After grabbing a blanket from the closet and a pillow from our bed, she walked over to me and shoved it into my chest. "But, we're not sleeping together. I think the couch is calling your name."

She pushed me out of the room and before shutting the door she said, "I think me and my baby will sleep in here while you sleep on the couch. Better think of what you did young man."

And with that, she slammed the bedroom door in my face.

Fuck

__________