seventeen - past

{Edited} 

<THERE'S A GIF OF HARRY CRYING ON THE SIDE. IT GOES WITH THIS CHAPTER AND IT BREAKS MY HEART INTO BILLIONS OF PIECES.>

__________

You know that feeling you get when you know that something bad is going to happen? When you can feel it in your gut that something bad was coming towards you? That's how I felt when I heard the phone ringing. I just got done talking to Gemma and Mum about Kaylee when my phone started ringing. I normally didn't feel this way when a phone is ringing, but seeing Niall's name on the caller I.D. had me feeling some way.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" my Mum asked. Her eyebrows were raised and her eyes were fixated on my ringing phone.

"Y-yeah." It's probably just something I forgot at his house and he was calling to tell me, but no matter how many times I repeated that in my head it never made the queasiness in my stomach fade.

"Hello?"

"Harry!" Niall sounded frantic on the phone. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"What's wrong?"

"You need to get your ass on the next plane to Ireland and meet me at my house."

"Why?" I asked, knowing something bad was going to be said next.

"I'm at the hospital right now. Kaylee was walking to the corner market and got jumped by our fans. They stabbed her in the stomach. She's in surgery right now and they don't know if she's going to make it. I called the other guys, they're flying out too. I don't want to be alone." Niall's voice cracked at the end. My heart dropped and tears surfaced to the corners of my eyes.

"I'll use the private jet to get there faster. It should still be here from when I flew over to Holmes Chapel. Let me call Paul, he might still be here. I'll be right there. I get there as soon as I can, promise."

"Please hurry, Harry. I'm so fucking scared," Niall's voice shook and I knew he was about to cry. I knew Niall like the back of my hand. He was an open book and wore his heart on his sleeve.

"I'll be right there. We'll get through this together. See you in a few hours."

"Okay." Then the call ended,

"What happened?" My Mum asked, wiping away the tears that fell from my eyes.

"I'm going back to Ireland."

***

I ran into the hospital. My hair was all over the place, my eyes bloodshot from not sleeping on the plane, and my clothes were probably wrinkled and smelly. I looked like a hot mess.

"I need to know where Kaylee Hampton is," I said to the nurse as soon as I made it to the reception desk in the hospital. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy. My words were coming out rushed and jumbled.

"Are you family?"

"Sort of. I'm her boyfriend and I am also in a world famous boy band called One Direction. I am sure you heard of it. I can't stand here in the open because I might attract someone who will tweet about where I am which will lead to a mob. Do you want screaming teenage girls at a hospital? I don't think so. That's the love of my life, I can't lose her, please." I pleaded with the nurse, hoping she would let me through.

"Harry, I know who you are. My daughter loves you and Niall and the other lads already warned me about you. I think you need some sleep. I was about to tell you go right up. They're on the fifth floor in the private wing, but you need to be quiet, okay?"