thirty four - present

{Edited}

__

"Dad, why are you stopping there? What in the world? This isn't no book where you leave cliff hangers. Dad, this is real life! You have to continue."

Darcy was freaking out. I had just told her how I found Kaylee writing her suicide note and now I've stopped. "Darce, there's so much to tell about your mother. There is some stuff that I cannot tell you because it is special or too much to tell you and some things are meant to stay between two people."

Darcy huffed, not content with my answer. "But, Dad, this is mom. The person that I have never met. The person you cry over daily, ten years later. The person that everyone flinches at when spoken. The person you fell in love with. I deserve to know some answers. I deserve to know my mom even if it is just stories and memories."

By the end of the mini rant, Darcy had tears in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away. Before she could open her mouth again, I spoke. "Okay, I agree with you. But everything that I have told you, is just a sugar coat. Maybe I should skip a little bit. Before I stopped, your mother was nineteen, about to turn twenty. So how about I skip to when she turns 21 and when we were releasing our fifth album."

Darcy nodded at me, "Do I miss anything? Like anything important in this gap?"

I shook my head. "How about I start off at her twenty first birthday. We were all gathered in a club in the states."

"Were you guys getting drunk?" Darcy asked.

Danielle smiled, "Of course. In the states, the legal age of drinking was 21. With Kaylee being the last of us to turn 21, she was excited to be able to finally drink with us. So naturally, we ordered her more and more drinks until she was plastered."

Louis smiled, "Are you going to tell her what happened that night or shall we?"

Darcy looked at me with a confused expression on her face. Smiling, I said, "That was the night you were conceived."

Darcy gasped, "I was a drunken mistake?"

"No. Oh my god, no Darcy. At first, we were a little hesitant on having a baby. Kaylee was only 21 and I was only 22. We didn't plan on having a baby until after marriage and with me going on tour again soon, things were getting crazy. But I want you to know Darce, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are my rock and you are the one that kept me sane."

Perrie smiled, her hand resting on top of her belly. "You are the best thing that has happened to all of us. After your mother's death, you were the only bright thing in our lives."

Niall smiled brightly, "How could we not love you? I spoiled you with so much shit because I'm the best uncle here."

I smirked, "You still do spoil her, Ni."

Zayn cleared his throat, "Now, I think we should get back to the story. With me being the best uncle here, I will just start us off."

Louis gasped, making Eleanor giggle at him. Louis is the oldest of us but he sure as hell still acts like the youngest. "I am the best one here."

Liam raised his hand, "I think you're all mistaken since I am the best uncle to my favorite niece".

I laughed, "Alright, alright, you're all amazing uncles. Okay? I guess I will start the story."

Darcy uncrossed her legs, sitting up straighter, waiting for me to continue. "So, it was your mother's 21st birthday and we were all at the new club downtown...."

______________