¡!18!¡

LadyBeetle ^^^
•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•

LadyBeetle sat on the Eiffel Tower, a deep sigh coming from his lips as he looked down on the streets of Paris. "Hey stranger," he flinched on hearing Chats voice. She landed next to him and she smiled brightly. "What's wrong Bug?" She nudged his shoulders and he sighed deeply.

"While I was waiting for you at the battle today I saw my classmate Emma run out onto the street and stay still. The meteor came closer and she didn't move. When I got blinded by the light and when it disappeared I saw her Dad over her. He was charred and I just watched. I didn't do anything!" Tears started to stream down his mask and cheeks as he shouted. "I didn't do anything and watched innocent people get hurt!"

"Hey it's okay," she rubbed his back. He looked at her. "People get hurt but they're okay now. You made them okay. We should get patrol done soon," he nodded and they both ran around the city, stopping any possible crime. They sat back on the Eiffel Tower, both with their feet hanging over the edge. The spotted red hair and nudged LadyBeetles side. "Hey see that man?" He nodded. "He's my little sisters dad."

"How? Aren't they twins?" He laughed and she nodded. She told him about her family to make him feel better about his own.

"My mom says that she was once pregnant with his baby but some stuff got left over in her and when she got pregnant again his stuff went with my Dads stuff," he laughed at her horrible explanation. "We haven't seen him in God, six years."

"Why? Doesn't he care about her?" Chat nodded.

"He does, or at least did. He never really tries, to see her I guess," she sighed and LadyBeetle patted her back as they watched Nathanael walk into a warehouse. "Wanna stalk him?" LadyBeetle laughed and nodded. They swung to the building and looked in from the skylight, portraits of various people lining the wall with Angels small painting from when she was four hanging on the wall between two paintings of Adrien and Marinette.

"This guys great," he saw a portrait of Olivia and Thomas when they were smaller, swinging on swings smiling brightly. He could hardly recognize himself. "You think he'll do one of us if we ask?" He laughed and Chat pointed at one he was working on.

"Well it looks like he's trying," LadyBeetle watched as Nathanael sat at the giant painting, sighing as he constantly looked from the painting to a blurry photo on his phone. "Let's go in." They swung in and Nathanael turned to them, slightly smiling, slightly pouting. He was trying to paint his original Ladybug and Chat Noir with the new ones.

"Perfect timing!" He said smiling. "Could you both pose for a painting? I have my originals down to a science but I need to get you two just right." He smiled.

"Uh sure," LadyBeetle nervously laughed as the two posed. Nathanael painted them, getting details right, shading, color. He smiled as he finished. He showed it to them and Chat smiled widely, LadyBeetle studying his eyes. They looked so distant, but so did the other Chats. "Why do the other Ladybug and Chat Noir look differently then I remember."

"Because I painted them from when we were in school," Nathanael sighed, pulling out another painting he did of them, and all the others. They lined the wall under the portraits, each one with different poses, grins, eyes, suits, body types. "I painted them as they aged but, I like them the best when they first started. Chat was still a weak noodle but strong, Ladybug as fierce but insecure as ever."

"How do you know this?" Chat asked, her hands lightly pressing against the canvas she studied her Mothers smile, her Fathers eyes. She saw a purple man in the background in the painting, his hair orange.

"I got akumatized when I was fifteen. I think I was the fifth one they did and they were so scared to mess up. I nearly killed them..." Nathanael trailed off, his fingertips pressing against the canvas as he looked into the heroines eyes. "I just want to see them fight one more time," he sighed. "You guys are great, but they were amazing..." He smiled at the canvas and the two took the moment to leave and head back to the Eiffel Tower.