¡!31!¡

˚ºThe Next Morningº˚

Marinette pulled at her hair as she screamed and gaped for air, her eyes pink as tears streamed down her cheeks. Adrien ran into the room, banging his shoulder into the doorframe as Marinette landed on her knees and heaved out sobs on the floor of Emmas room, her tears hitting the carpet and her knees. Angel and Louis landed at Adriens legs as he stared blankly at Emmas empty bed that was in its normal mess. "Papa," Adrien didn't respond as Louis gripped Adriens jeans. "Where's Emma?"

"I don't know."

"Where's Emma?" Angel asked and Adrien didn't respond for a second, trying to find a better answer.

"Gone." He walked away from the room and downstairs. He leaned against the wall, sliding down it as his salty tears stung his cracked lips.

˚ºTwo Days Laterº˚

"You should go home at some point." He sat down across from Emma as she held the cup of tea in her hands. She hummed and took a long sip then set the cup down in her lap, staring into the light green almost clear water.

"And if I don't?" Emma licked her lips then took another sip, looking out the large circular window, Plagg sleeping on the music box while Wayzz was trying to wake him up.

"Your family must worry." Master Fu looked at her as she studied the outside world.

"If they're really worried then there would be search parties and flyers and I would be on the news." Emma took another sip then set the cup down on the small table.

"You're friend hung this in my shop this morning," he put the folded piece of paper on the table and Emma unfolded it, finding a picture of herself with big bold words above the photo, 'HAVE YOU SEEN ME?'. "And I do have a small television. You're on the news every hour with updates on you," Emma looked into her cup again, swirling the liquid around. "Go home Emma."

"If they actually care, they would look in every place I could possibly be." She stood up and walked out the small room he let her have. She stared out the small window as Plagg flew to her side, gently sitting on her shoulder.

"You should go home Kitten." Plagg looked up at her but she was miles away, to far away to hear him as the rain outside started.

Adrien held Marinette, her eyes burning as she stared at the blank TV screen, tissues balled in her hand as her nose was pink with her cheeks flushed as Adrien gently rubbed his knuckles over her arm. "She's okay Mari. I know she is."

"How did they take her, without the alarm going off." Marinette sniffled. She wished Tikki was there. She always shared a good point of view.

A small knock came form the front door. Adrien slowly let go of Marinette and walked to the door, letting in the boy and walking with him back to Marinette. Adrien sat next to Marinette and she dug her head into his chest. He held her again. He was more, internally disturbed, rather then externally. He only spoke if needed. "Sir, Ma'am, I'm sorry about your daughter." Marinettes eyes widened as she looked up at LadyBeetle.

"I-I-Is she dead?" Adrien looked down at Marinettes ratty hair.

"No! I-I'm sorry about her disappearing," he held his hands up in defense and Marinette leaned against Adrien again. "I-I wanted to ask if there were any other places I could check. A friends house, relative, family friend." The two words snapped in Marinettes head faster then the speed of light.

"T-There is one place," Marinette sat up slightly and LadyBeetle nodded. "B-But it would be better if we went." Adrien looked at Marinette as she combed at her hair with her fingers.

"If you say so but if you have any trouble just call," he softly smiled. "And, Happy Easter, by the way." He walked out of the house. Marinette quickly got dressed and put on makeup she didn't need just hide the redness of her face. She grabbed Adrien and opened the door, rain pouring outside. She grabbed an umbrella and Adrien held it over them as they walked down the street.

"Mari, where are we going?" Adrien asked as the thumbing on the umbrella grew in slung softly, the sound of water splashing under their feet growing and decreasing.

"I think I need a massage." Adriens eyes widened as he kept pace with his wife, them turning a corner then another and coming upon the tall building, the small man looking through the giant window. Marinette walked up the stairs with Adrien, meeting his door and knocking on the door.

"You may enter." Marinette swung the door open and looked at him, still staring out the window.

"Where is she?" Marinette pleaded as Master Fu turned to the two. "Where's my sweet Moonbeam?" Marinettes eyes built with tears.

Adrien put his hand on Marinettes shoulder, his eyes just as sad as his wife's. Master Fu nodded and beckoned them to follow him. They walked down the small hall to a small door. He slid it open and Emma turned to Fu as Marinette and Adrien stood behind him. Marinette quickly ran and wrapped her arms around her daughters frame, tears slowly pouring from her eyes she heaved out sobs into Emmas shoulder. Emma placed her hands on her mothers back and rested her forehead against her shoulder.

"You scared me so much," her voice hiccuped as her tears ran over her lips. "I-I thought," her voice ached. "I thought you did something stupid and died," Emma laughed lightly as she rubbed her mothers back, Adrien staring blankly at his daughter. Marinette cupped Emmas cheeks and brought her forehead to her lips, kissing her pale skin softly then looking her in the eyes. "Please, please don't do this again. Why on Earth would you run away?"

"I don't matter. You never seem to notice-"

"Bullshit," Marinette looked back as Adrien with Emma, Marinette letting go of her head. "We notice every move you make, every breathe you take and every goddamn word you say. Don't you fucking dare say we don't notice when you know we fucking watch you like I did when I was trying to find you," Emma looked at her feet. "Don't you fucking say you don't matter either!" Adrien held Emmas head in his larges hands, her eyes meeting his. "You were born for a reason, Emma. Let it be the miraculous or something greater. You were born for a fucking reason so don't pull that 'I don't matter' bullshit on me because I've been there countless times before."

"Adrien-"

"Let him finish Ms.Marinette." Master Fu spoke over Marinette.

"Don't you pull that shit on me Emma. You will always matter. Even if we seem like we're not watching we always are. Please, don't leave us again. Let it be running away like this, with someone, going down as a hero or as a failure or just because you couldn't handle it. Don't leave us. We've all already lost enough, we can't lose the one person who perfectly mixes us together too," she was crying. Adrien wiped away her tears with his thumb and she sniffled. "Now where's that smile? We could all use that contagious smile right about now," Emma looked at her feet, then slightly up at her Father. "Where's my Sunshine girl?" Emma couldn't help but smile, even if it wasn't a teeth grin. "There she is." He softly smiled back and hugged her tight.