¡!32!¡

long chapter
•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•

˚ºOne Week Laterº˚

Marinette gently held Emma as she continued to cry, her sobs loud but muffled by crying into her shoulder. "It's okay Moonbeam. Let it out." Emma cried harder.

"I-I'm not good enough for anyone."

"Why would you say that?" Marinette pet Emmas hair.

"I-I asked out LadyBeetle," Emma sniffled. "He said no."

"Just because he said no doesn't mean you're not good enough Minou," Marinette kissed her head. "And I'm sure another boy loves you Emma. You just need to give it a little bit."

"What's with the Minou thing?"

"My Mama called me Minou, I thought it would help you." She giggled and Emma wiped her eyes.

"What if I get hurt again?"

"Then you'll go on a Father Daughter date with your Father." Emma shook her head.

"I'd rather do that then get hurt again." Marinette giggled.

"Okay so I'll tell your dad and he'll give you a date all men and woman in your future will have to live up to." Emma giggled and nodded. Marinette stood up and walked to her room, finding Adrien freshly out of the shower with a towel loosely around his waist with his hair in wet strands on his head.

He looked at Marinette, slightly smiled then grabbed a pair of jeans and boxers from his dresser and changed. "What do you need Princess?" He asked as he slid on a tank top.

"Emma got her heart broken and I promised her a Father Daughter date." Marinette smiled and crossed her arms, wondering herself if anyone would be able to break her heart like Adrien did multiple times before.

Adrien chuckled as he ruffled his wet hair, making it stick out in random directions every which way. "I don't even know what to do on a Father Daughter date."

"My Papa took me on a couple. You would take Emma to a restaurant, talk to her, make her smile and laugh and tell her ways boys, or girls, should treat her in the future then take her someplace she'd enjoy or someplace that shows a memory." Marinette explained and Adrien nodded.

"I'll try to get a reservation somewhere. What day would M'Lady like it to be?" Adrien chuckled as he grabbed his phone from the bed and unlocked it, trying to find a place he could take Emma.

"Tonight." Marinette smiled and walked out of the room, then into Emmas and helped her picked out something nice to wear. Adrien sighed but got a reservation at a nice restaurant, got dressed into something nice himself and joined Emma at the car at six o'clock.

"That's not fair!" Angel whined. "I wanna do that!" The eleven year old rrhe head complained, huffing and crossing her arms as Louis rolled his blue eyes.

"You will when you get your first heartbreak." Marinette ruffled her hair as Adrien drove off, the Carrie silent but comfortable with soft classical piano music playing, Adrien tapping his fingers against the wheel as if he were playing.

Emma looked at his hands, the faint tan line of his ring on his finger. "Can you play piano?" Adrien hummed nodding. "I didn't know that."

"You never asked. I could play for you when we get back if you'd like."

"Okay," Emma smiled as Adrien parked the car, helping her out and then getting seated at the restaurant after entering. Adrien looked at the large painting next to them, the price being 80,000 Euros for a painting that looked like a child's drawing. "This is way overpriced."

"Agreed," Adrien laughed lightly.they ordered drinks and found what they wanted to eat, Emma not meeting Adriens eyes. "What's wrong Sunshine? To scared to look at your stunning Dad?"

"Ew gross," Emma gagged. "You are not stunning, I on the other hand, am." Emma smiled and Adrien rolled his eyes as she flicked the hair off of her shoulder.

"Well then, why won't you look at me?" He leaned his arms on the table.

"It's weird going on a Father Daughter date with a Dad that looks like you. If you notice, every girl and woman in here is looking at you."

"And every boy and man is looking at you," Adrien laughed. "I don't mind really. They looked even before I was a model Sunshine and everyone will look at you because you got my gene of flawless hair and Marinettes genes of freckles, great skin and long eyelashes."

Emma giggled. They ordered their food and they fell silent, Emma poking at her food as soon as it came. "What was Mom like in school?"

Adrien swallowed the food in his mouth. "A wreck," Adrien summarized. "She can in late most days even though she lived right next to the school and her hair was always pulled into ratted pigtails. You could tell she hadn't had the time to brush her hair," Adrien took a drink of water. "And Alya would have me and Nino and her call Marinette at five am to make sure she was ready for school but she wouldn't answer and would still come late to school."

"Mom," Emma bit her lip. "Mom told me that you broke her heart, more then once." Adrien sighed.

"That's true, I did," he shook his head, looking at Emma. "No one should ever do that to you. Don't let anyone play with your feelings like I did to your mother."

"What did you do?" Emma sat up in her seat, intrigued in the story to come.

"The first time I broke her heart was in the first two weeks we were dating. I know I make it sound like we're perfect, but we weren't. I accidentally called her my Mothers name because it was her birthday and Marinette thought I was cheating on her, but I told her what I meant a week later and she took me back. The second time, was a bet I lost to Kim to break up with her and I had Alya tell her it was a dare afterwards and she took me back. It just goes back to that. I mess up and she always took me back. If she messed up, which she never did, I just left. I felt so bad after that."

"You mean when I was born." Emma crossed her arms and Adrien shakily sighed.

"Yeah," Adrien shakily sighed. "And even before that. During those eight months, I was a terrible person to Marinette. I wouldn't come home for days, forget to get food at the store she needed to eat to keep you healthy and I came home drunk, a lot and..." Adrien clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white. Emma held his hand, already knowing what he did. "And I would yell, a lot, when I got home drunk too. She wouldn't even fight, just stand there with her eyes drained of color. And I ran when you came into the world. I literally ran. She fell down the stairs and I just watched for a few seconds as she bleed and I hightailed and ran out the door and down the street. I called an ambulance, and went to the hospital afterward, but that was my biggest mistake. Marinette only told me your name and I walked down that hallway and thought about turning around and I stopped and felt like running back. I turned my head and you were wheeled out of the room. I regret that so much."

"Dad it's okay, I regret stuff too," Emma sweetly smiled. "Why don't we go to that place Mom said you would take me after the dinner?" Adrien chuckled and slightly nodded. They finished eating and he paid, the two walking down the street to the infamous water fountain. "What's so special about this place?"

"Your Mom and I had our first kiss here," Adrien laughed. "I don't remember it, since I was under control of an akuma but I can remember small bits of it."

"Without it, would I have not happened?"

"Without the Kwamis you wouldn't have happened." Adrien laughed and Emma nodded.