¡!21!¡

Marinette bit her lip as she looked at the box in her hand. She looked up at Tikki as she took the box from her and smiled sweetly. "Don't worry Marinette. I'll tell him all about you and how great you are and I'll make sure he gets your message. I didn't see him there." Tikki kept her smile as she flew to the window. Marinette held Tikki to her cheek.

"I'll miss you Tikki." Tears slipped out of her eyes. Adrien wiped them away.

"I'll miss you too Marinette but I can always ask him if I can come visit." She smiled and Marinette nodded.

"I love you Tikki." Marinette hugged her one last time.

"I love you Marinette," she smiled as she flew out the open window. "Bye!" She called as she flew off to his house.

Marinette watched as Adrien closed the box, Plagg disappearing with it. He looked at Marinette and she nodded. They walked to Emmas room and knocked on the door before opening it, Adrien faced Marinette. "Can I do it alone? It's a Chat Noir thing if you get me," Marinette nodded and walked back to their room. Adrien walked into Emmas room and found her sitting on her small balcony outside. He sat down next to her and she moved onto his lap and dug her head into his chest. "You okay Sunshine?"

"What if I'm not good enough?" Emma mumbled into his chest.

"Good enough for what?" Adrien gently held her.

"To be a hero," Emma looked up at him. "What if I'm not as good as you?"

"You don't have to be. You can be yourself. I'm not expecting you to be like me and neither is Paris." Adrien gently rubbed her back.

"But Plagg said you were selfless and kind and when I saw that meteor was hurtling towards us I just froze and you used yourself to protect me!" Emma started to scream.

"Emma you're nothing like me. You can be yourself and I know who you are. You're selfless and kind and fearless once you get past yours fears and insecurities. I didn't mind you freezing. I froze during every battle at least once. You can be a hero Emma, you just need to believe in yourself. Plagg would say the same thing." Emma dug her head into his chest as he slowly rocked her, looking up at the night sky.

They went silent. Emma rested her head on her fathers chest as he rocked her like she was four years old again. "What's a soulmate?"

"What?" He chuckled.

"What's a soulmate?" She repeated.

He smiled at the thought. "It's like a best friend but more. They know you better then everyone else and they'll be with you no matter what. They're the one person who'll believe in you when no one else would. Marinettes my soulmate and whoever is LadyBeetle is your soulmate. Chat Noirs and Ladybugs have always been soulmates."

"What if," Emma licked her lips. "What if I don't like him?"

"That's how we were. I loved Ladybug, she loved Adrien. When we found out it was my favorite thing ever because Chat and Marinette were best friends, Ladybug and Adrien still had crushes on each other. When we found out I laughed because I fell in love with my best friend," Emma smiled. "I was so nervous when we started dating. I didn't ask her on our first date until three months later and I asked her, asked her, if I could hold her hand and I asked her Dad if I had permission to kiss her on the date even though we had done it countless times before." Emma giggled lightly against his chest.

"What if I just want us to stay friends?"

"Plagg told me that some of them just remained friends and on their death beds realized they should have been together," Adrien smiled. "But you'll grow on each other. You don't have to reveal each other just yet though. Marinette and I didn't do it until, I think Christmas when we were seventeen. I kissed her, as Chat while she was Marinette and..."

"And?" Emma looked at him.

"And I kissed her because I was sad. Your grandmother had been gone for two years. She left Christmas Eve and it broke me. I kissed her because she made me happy when I was sad. I loved her and didn't know it yet." Emma smiled.

"Can you tell me more?" Emma yawned.

"Tomorrow. Get some sleep and I'll drive you to school tomorrow," he helped her into bed and Emma looked at him as he opened the box and slid the finger on her finger, Plagg floating down, already fast asleep. "Goodnight Sunshine."

"Night Dad." Emma slowly fell asleep. Adrien kissed her forehead and walked to his room and went to sleep next to Marinette, ideas already forming in his head to tell her.