¡!28!¡

long chapter
2734 words
•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•

Chat bit her lip as she watched Marinette run into the school late, an open box of macaroons in her hands and LadyBeetle standing next to her. She looked around and saw everyone staring at them. She pulled him into an alleyway. "Th-This isn't safe," he lifted a brow. "Being in uniform when they'll be. Hell, we shouldn't even have these yet!" She yelled.

"What do you think we should do? We've only had these for a couple of weeks and I don't think either of us are ready to show each other yet." LadyBeetle bit his lip and looked at his feet.

"Sometimes we need to make sacrifices, this is so we don't stand out, Beetle. We need to change back." Chat licked her lips and he sighed.

"Count of three?" She nodded. "One, two three." They said their small catch phrases and he closed his eyes. He didn't want to open them, not yet.

"Thomas," he gulped. She knew him. "Open your eyes. Afterwards we can ask our Kwamis to whip our memories if they can but right now we need to trust each other. Open your eyes."

He sighed and slowly opened them, being met with Emmas green eyes. "E-Emma?" She nodded and smiled at him. "W-What's the plan?"

"Well our Kwamis aren't here so they're most likely not here yet in time. We just need to go with the flow," the bell rang and she saw they both had their bags. "And that's going to school." He bit his lip as they walked into the school. They walked into their classroom, Marinettes old one and looked at the teacher.

"Where so we sit?"

"We stalk," Emma smirked. "If this is our school then it has the same hiding spots, come on!" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hallway and moved a few tiles to reveal a hole large enough to hide both of them. They hide inside and Emma moved one to look into the classroom.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Thomas gasped on seeing his mother.

"Ugh, here we go again." Marinette shook her head.

"That's my seat." Chloe put her hand down on the table.

"But Chloe this has always been my seat."

"Not anymore," Sabrina sat down. "New school, new year, new seats."

"So why don't you go and sit besides that new girl over there," Chloe pointed at Alya. "Listen. Adriens arriving today and since that's going to be his seat this is going to be my seat, get it?"

"Who's Adrien?" Marinette asked.

"The love of your life," Emma mumbled. "God this is painful to watch." Thomas lightly laughed and nodded. They watche everything unfold to when their Kwamis came back.

"You're back!" Emma smiled and hugged Plagg to her cheek as a pole extended across the roofs.

"Get off me Kitten!" Plagg pushed off of Emma and looked up. "Keep quiet. He'll hear you and watch." The two watched as a girl crashed into Chat, the yoyo yanking into them. Emma watched intently.

"Well hey there, nice of you to drop in." Her eyes widened on seeing her father so...thin. Chat smiled brightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose." She was thrown off slightly.

"I bet your the partner my Kwami told me about I'm...Chat Noir. Yeah, Chat Noir," he snapped his fingers. "And you?"

"I'm Mad..." The yoyo released and hit Chat on the head. "I'm Madly Clumsy. I'm so clumsy."Emma had never seen her mother look so scared.