¡!33!¡

Thomas bit his lip as he walked down the street, his eyes stinging with tears, in torn clothes with his hair in ratty strands, his journal in his hand with bruises covering his thin body. He should have never opened that door. But how would he have known Evan was waiting at the door with a broken vodka bottle in his hand. His lips grew white and cracked and slept more as he walked barefooted down the street.

"And LadyBeetle was so calm and got all of the kids out of the bus before it crashed into the river. It was so awesome!" Emma smiled as her and Adrien turned the corner, Thomas falling against the wall and grunting as his back hit the brick. Adrien laughed lightly, soon seeing Thomas and him and Emma walking to him.

"Hey," Thomas cracked his eye open and jumped, shielding his arms over his head and shivering. "It's Adrien, Adrien Agreste, Thomas," he slowly lowered his arms. "What happened to you?"

"W-Would you believe me if I got robbed?"

"I wouldn't," Emma held her hand out to him and he slowly took it, her helping him up. "Why don't we get you home and-"

"I-I can't go home," Thomas shook his head. "N-Not yet."

"Chloe has to be worried about you Thomas." Adrien crossed his arms as Thomas continued to shake his head.

"S-S-She n-never cares. O-Only if I miss a class and she definitely won't care if I don't show up for a few days."

"I know Chloe and she would care," Adrien sighed. "But you don't feel safe going home we'll take you to our place. I think I might have clothes that'll fit you." Adrien gently placed his hand on his back and walked down the street to his car, getting Thomas and Emma in before driving home.

˚ºTwo Days Laterº˚

Adrien stood by his window, his phone held up to his ear as the person on the other end let out a shaky breath. "When can I have my son Adrien."

"When he feels comfortable to go home Chloe. He's messed up right now because you let that monster of a man into that building." Adrien stuffed his hand into his pocket.

"I got a restraining order on Evan and Officer Roger has him in prison for years for possible manslaughter," Chloe paced her room, her hair in oily stands on her head, her makeup scattered on her desk and her clear light freckles on her nose scattered like stars in the sky. "Can I at least go over and see him?"

Adrien sighed. "Sure. Emmas at school so you would get time to talk. I've been letting him stay in a guest room but I would always find him on the couch wide awake at three am."

Chloe went silent. "Are you taking your medication?"

"Of course I am Chloe, I have been since my Mother left. My sleeping problem is under control."

"I'm just worried about Thomas," Chloe's voice was shaking. "What's he doing now?"

"Marinette took him out on a shopping trip for fabric or something."

"Can I come over now?"

"Sure," Adrien sighed and Chloe hung up. In a few minutes she was standing at Adriens doorway and he let her in, her sitting on the couch and him across from her. "Your hair," she looked at Adrien. "You never have it down."

"I'm also not wearing makeup, something else I never do," Chloe rolled her eyes. "I'm worried about Thomas."

"I get that."

"No I'm really, really worried about him, Adrien," Chloe shakily sighed. "Olivia was fine when she was born. She was healthy and cried loudly but when Thomas came first, he was blue and was barely breathing. I thought I would loose him but he was fine," Chloe trailed off, meeting Adriens eyes. "He never sleeps now. I always go down to check on them and he's always wide awake somewhere in that apartment and Olivia tells me he's taking his medication but I've never seen him sleep once. Not in all the years he was living with me."