Chapter 2

"And what are you reading this time?" Naruto asked, yanking the book up and jerking his head sideways to look at the title.

"Blazing Moonlight," I answered, waiting for my classmate to release his hold on the book.

"I like the cover," Kiba noted on my left. "New book?"

"Yes." I didn't bother elaborating, but the boys didn't push. Since I had finished reading Ninjas of the Fall during our Academy graduation, I had returned my previous book back to the library and borrowed a new one immediately yesterday.

"I wonder who are my teammates," Kiba said eagerly, dragging Naruto into the conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, I want Sakura-chan on my team!" Naruto said excitedly. "Hopefully, I don't get that Teme!"

"I don't care who they are, but I want someone strong!" Kiba added. "Then we can fight and I'll beat them!"

Our classroom door opened and two more graduates came in. "Hey guys," Choji called cheerfully, his snack bag slung over one shoulder.

"Nughhhh," Shikamaru groaned.

"Morning," the boys and I responded.

"Naruto, only graduates are supposed to be here," Shikamaru said to Naruto, as he headed to his usual seat.

"Hey! Don't you see this? It's proof, I'm a real ninja now!" Naruto shot back.

"Say, Aisu, who do you want to be with?" Kiba asked while Naruto was distracted. I shut my book and glanced around the room.

"I don't--"

"Strong people? Nice people? People you can beat up?" Naruto quizzed, popping back to our conversation.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "No, I don't care." Before the boys could speak, Iruka Sensei came into the classroom.

"Right! Congratulations on graduating the Academy, everyone! As of now, I am no longer your teacher and will send each of you to your own team and Sensei," Iruka Sensei said, smiling at us all. "Right! Let's get you guys into teams!"

Three hours later...

I was put on Team Seven, and we had to wait for our Sensei to come get us. He was late.

"I can't believe I'm stuck with Bookworm and Stupid," Sakura growled under her breath, glaring pointedly at me and Naruto. I stared at her calmly.

"May I help you?"

"Right! Could you ask Hokage-sama to put you and Stupid on another team? There's only room for two, and that's not reserved for you or Stupid," she said, a smile on her face.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Do you mean that figuratively or literally?"

She glared. "Literally."

"Okay." I shut my book and tucked it into my bag. "Well then, it was nice meeting you, Sasuke, Naruto. It appears Sakura and I would like to quit being ninjas. Good day."

"Wait, what?" Sakura said, confused. I seized Sakura's wrist and began dragging her out of her seat.

"Let's go, Stupid," I said coolly, stepping out of the desk.

"Aisu! Don't hurt Sakura-chan!" Naruto yelled angrily, standing up and jumping down the steps to reach us.

"But she said to leave the team along with Stupid," I answered, pulling Sakura out into the aisle. "Come on, we're leaving. I'll even talk to Hokage-sama for both of us."

"Wait! Not me, Naruto! I meant Naruto!" She cried, trying to yank her wrist out of my grip, while I dragged her to the door.

"Huh?" Naruto looked confusedly at us.

"Really? You should have clarified then," I said, releasing her. I walked over to Naruto who was standing on the steps of the aisle.

"Naruto, will you quit being a ninja?"

"Of course not! I am going to become Hokage!" he said, frowning.

"I see." I turned back to Sakura. "It seems I cannot convince Naruto to leave the team, therefore we'll stay on the team, as originally planned." I sat back down in my original seat and took out my book again.

"You could have left a bruise on my wrist!" Sakura ranted.