Chapter 39

Back with Tenten and Shikamaru, the duo were slowly waking up. Tenten eventually sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, while Shikamaru snored on.

"Wake up, Shikamaru!" Tenten yelled, kicking the other boy in the ribs. Shikamaru grunted and rolled over on his other side before sitting up and giving a yawn.

"What?" he grouched, looking blearily at her. Suddenly, the memory of playing my game woke him up, his eyes widened as he remembered. "We're still playing her game, aren't we?"

"Yeah." Tenten grimaced, remembering her own rule: Choji cannot eat or drink. The food-lover had probably brought food or snacks and would eat them sooner or later.

What she didn't realize was Choji had recognized the fact so long he didn't change their health, traveling, or mental state conditions, everything would be fine. He even handed his food bag to Lee who understood Choji was having restraint.

Shikamaru's rule was Speak in a question. From the start, he was quick to change and adapt to his new environment.

"So they know how to counter my plans," I mused, nodding. "But how will the others respond?"

By now, everyone knew their own rule. However, because of how they were all paired up, no one could be sure if someone would die because of what they did. I had planned the bracelets in advance and chose six of the twelve to be chained to each other in a pattern.

However, sooner or later, they would find themselves in jeopardy once more.

I used the remote to open the traps, and chaos ensued. Sakura and Kiba dodged pitfall traps; while Sasuke and Shino were pursed by hundreds of skeleton soldiers; Neji carried Hinata on his back while avoiding numerous of arrows shooting from the walls; Lee and Choji, unfortunately for them, had already fallen into a pool of flowing water; Naruto and Ino's hallway slanted into a steep slope, causing them to tumble to their starting line; and Tenten and Shikamaru were caught in a maze with no way out.

I sat back and watched Sasuke and Shino arrive at an intersection. "She wants us to split up."

"We shouldn't," Shino warned. "Our conditions should remain the same."

"Sasuke." Both boys whirled around to see Itachi, or my replica of Itachi. "You've grown."

"Itachi," Sasuke spat, rage seen clearly in his eyes. "Remember what you said last time?" He flung his arm out, and Chidori form in his outstretched hand.

"Sasuke, you can't," Shino warned, grabbing his shoulder. Sasuke hissed in annoyance but glared defiantly at his brother.

"We'll just have to get rid of him some other way then!"

At the same time, Shikamaru discovered a hidden passage.

"Tenten, did I find the exit?"

"I guess so," she said, nudging the boulder. And with Tenten's help, they shoved the stone open, revealing the throne room. "Huh? It doesn't look like the one Aisu is in, does it?"

"Maybe she's in another throne room?" Shikamaru suggested.

At the same time, Ino and Naruto were caught in a trap. Ino panicked and carelessly tried to use her mind jutsu to stop the skeleton from activating the traps, but because my skeletons don't have a mind in the first place, her jutsu backfired, causing her body to fall limp onto the ground.

The skeleton, whom Ino had tried to stop, pulled a lever down, causing spikes to lower from the ceiling.
"Ino!" Naruto yelled, running towards her and pulling her limp form away from danger. However, while they dodged the spikes coming down vertically, the spike themselves activated a double trap. Naruto didn't move fast enough as needles rained down on them.

Simultaneously, Shino coughed up blood mixed in with poison, the poisoned needle inside the bracelet gleaming in satisfaction.

Number of survivors left: 10

20 hours left