Chapter 5

"Hello."

"EEEK--!"

"SSSHHH!"

So maybe saying "hello" to another bookworm wasn't a good idea. I had gone to the library again to borrow another book when I spotted Hinata, Kiba, and Shino at a table, researching.

"Aisu! Glad to see you!" Kiba said, grinning. "Getting another book?"

"Yes."

"Oh! Are you reading Angel's Burden? I love the ending," Hinata said, noticing my new book. "It's the last book of the Angelical series, isn't?"

"Yes," I confirmed, holding up the book.

"You must really like reading, huh?" Kiba said, locking his arms behind his head.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Well, you're always reading between classes or at lunch when we were in the Academy," Hinata said, smiling.

"Yeah, and you come to the library pretty often. I always see you with a new book," Kiba agreed.

"Oh." After listening to them talk for awhile, I checked out my book and left the library. Today, Team Seven was to start their D-rank missions, but we first had to meet up at the training grounds.

"So, our first mission is to weed this garden," Sakura announced, looking at the client's yard. "The weeds look like this." She held up a spiky-leaf plant. "Let's get to work!"

I suppose my gardeners could do this for me within minutes, I thought absentmindedly. But if there's nothing but to weed this entire afternoon, I might as well do this myself.

Unfortunately, Naruto couldn't tell which plants were weeds and which ones were flowers. When Sakura finally noticed how his designated row was nearly bare, she instantly scolded Naruto.

"Put them back!" Sakura screamed, hitting Naruto on the head.

"OWWW! How am I supposed to tell which ones are weeds?" Naruto whined. I glanced at my own row, checking for any hidden weeds.

"Bookworm! Help Naruto!" Sakura yelled, heading back to the client's house. Sasuke had disappeared and Kakashi Sensei was reading in the corner of the yard, his row clean of weeds.

"Aisu-chan! You'll help me, won't you?" Naruto said, beaming.

"I'll separate the weeds from the flowers, but you have to replant them yourself," I said.

"Awww..." Naruto grumbled but started replanting anyways.

"Finally! You guys took forever!" Our client complained, once Sakura informed her that the work was finished.

"Uh, sorry about that," Kakashi Sensei said sheepishly, while Sakura made Naruto bow with her an apology. Sasuke had reappeared, and I was back in my book.

"Great work! I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

"Wait, Sensei how many more D-rank missions do we have?" Sakura asked.

"Twenty-two."

Once our sensei had vanished, Sakura couldn't stay quiet and polite anymore.

"This is all your fault, Naruto!"

"Owww, why, Sakura-chan?!"