Chapter 44

I hit another button on the remote and released Sakura from her blind wandering. Everyone who had survived the first round would move onto the second. Now, all I had to do was wait.

Sakura first came stumbling in, just as Shikamaru entered from another door. Neji and Naruto came in soon after, but Choji and Sasuke hadn't arrived yet.

"Are we done yet?" Neji asked, seething in anger. He had calmed down enough to think clearly, but he was still bent on killing me. He knew he couldn't just attack me, especially with his palms. His rule was still in place after all.

"No, we still have something to do." I snapped my fingers twice and three cage divided them up into pairs once more. Neji and Naruto in one cage, Shikamaru in another, and Sakura was placed in the third cage.

I signaled one of my servants and soon enough, Sasuke came running through the doors, while the Fake Itachi disappeared. I got up, seized Sasuke who tried to escape my grasp, and threw him into the cage Shikamaru was in.

The last door opened and Choji was carried by two skeleton servants. They put him into the cage with Sakura who whimpered in fear.

"Here are the rules. Fight each other to death." I sat back on my throne as cries of outrage filled the room.

"What? We won't do that!" Sakura said hotly, tears flowing freely down her cheeks.

"No?" I held up a paper bomb. "I have these planted all around Konoha. If you guys won't kill each other, then I'll kill everyone in Konoha and destroy it. If you ever escape here and get back home, you'll have nothing to return to."

Another snap of my fingers started the timer on the board. "Since you guys took forever to get here, you have only two hours left to finish this game. Your rules will not work here."

"Why would we--" Shikamaru was cut off with a punch to his face. Sasuke formed Chidori in his hand and glared at Shikamaru. Instantly, the shadow ninja had his shadows chase after his opponent, intent on stopping him.

"I need to kill someone," Sasuke snarled, attacking aggressively. With his incredible speed rivaling Lee's, Sasuke attacked from above with Chidori. In mere minutes, Shikamaru lied defeated on the ground. "I can't die here! I need to avenge my clan!"

"If you're really unable to kill your opponent, just take their bracelet off then," I said, noticing Sakura was in defense mode, while Choji was unable to move from the injuries he had gained over the past several hours.

"What's that going to do?" Sakura asked suspiciously. I remained silent. She knew this was my ultimatum. Either she could kill Choji whose defense was down, or remove his bracelet and risk his or her life.

She chose to risk the bracelet and removed the metal clasp around his wrist. "I'm sorry, Choji."

Neji and Naruto fought, just like they did in the Chunin exams. However, instead of trying to kill each other, they decided to take each other's bracelets off.

At some point, Neji seemed to be winning. Then suddenly, a bright orange red Chakra surrounded Naruto, making his whisker marks on his cheeks even more defined. The tail beast was coming into play.

Like Sasuke, Naruto defeated Neji and finished the job by plunging his hand into Neji's chest.

The doors of the cages opened, and Sasuke bounded out, ready to attack me with a Chidori. I deflected the attack and snapped off an arm from a nearby skeleton as my weapon. Sasuke retaliated using a kunai as his defense weapon. However, in flash of a few moves, I had him pinned down easily.

"We haven't even finished yet," I chided, snapping my wrist and break Sasuke's arm and hand efficiently.

"W-what did I just do?" Naruto asked hollowly, eyes wide and panicking.

"You killed Neji. Come on out."

Once Sakura and Naruto were outside their cages, I nodded to my servants to hit a remote button for me. Top of each cage opened, and a platform lowered from the ceiling, paused, then dropped on Neji, Shikamaru, nad Choji, signifying their deaths. Sakura screamed at the blood seeping below the platforms and spreading outward to her feet.

I snapped my fingers thrice in rapid succession, and the castle began to shake and tremble. Armed with my crossbow and knife, I turned toward them, knife raised, ready to aim.

"Now then. Here is the final round. Let's see if you three can escape this island."