Chapter 43

While Naruto and Ino slept, Shikamaru had draped Tenten's body on his back and scooted his way down the hall, looking for the exit. His face dripped with sweat and tears as he plowed forth, trying to bring back, at the very least, Tenten's corpse so they could bury her and Hinata later. He hopes in vain that the rest of his friends are still alive, still fighting for their own survival.

Neji has the same thought process, and carries his cousin in his arms as he searches for the exit. No doubt, once he kills Aisu with his own hands, he will go back home and solemnly bury Hinata in the compound's grave, along side with his father. He might not be allowed to do so, since family graves were also divided. Yet, at the very least, he wanted to pay his respects to his cousin, someone he had wronged and desired to reconcile. Yes, he would escape this island, kill Aisu, and return home with the rest of the Genin. They would be fine.

It's no surprise that I see Shikamaru edge closer and closer to the actual throne room. As I think back on the rules I had placed on them all, I remember Ino's. Tenten cannot reach the throne room. The way events are unfolding, Shikamaru's respect for the dead would kill Ino.

On the other hand, Naruto might be responsible for that...previously, he had accidentally activated a sleeping gas trap in the hallway both he and Ino were in together. Now, I am watching them to see if who will wake up first.

After nearly two hours of watching the pair sleep, Naruto stirred and woke up groggily, wiping drool from his mouth. "Eh? Ino! Wake up! We need to go!" He crawled over and shook her, trying to wake her up.

Instantly, Ino was on her feet. But something wasn't right. "Ino?"

Her eyes were blown wide and full of panic. With an outraged cry, she seized a nearby kunai and plunged the knife repeatedly in her head, screaming all the while.

"Ino! Stop! You're killing yourself!" Naruto tried to stop her, but Ino only wrestled against him and won, continuing to stab her self in her stomach, head, and legs over and over.

Naruto had activated a suicidal trap on both of them. First, the victims need to fall asleep. Then, whoever wakes up first is no longer in danger of committing suicide. In the case of a larger group of people, whoever wakes up last is in danger of committing suicide. Then, the act of suicide is evoked when physical contact of some sort is made.

In this event, Naruto had woke up first, reached over to wake her up physically, and watched her kill herself. Five minutes later, Ino dropped dead, her hands grasp around the kunai in her throat. She fell forward, knees hitting the ground, then her upper torso followed. The handle of the kunai sticking out of her throat was slammed through her neck, and the point showed through the back.

Naruto stared in horror and shock, listening to the sickening impact of the kunai clanging against the stone floors. It was too much.

"W-why?" He whispered brokenly. "Why?!"

Number of survivors left: 6

10 hours left