Chapter 14

"Aisu, you should really talk to them more," Kakashi Sensei chided me, while we walked through the village. "They are your teammates."

"Sensei, I don't like explaining."

"Neither do I, but I can't say 'Hey Lord Third, stuff exploded, we got the scroll, and we killed everyone else. The end'."

We walked in silenced for a moment. "Sensei, you didn't have to follow basic requirements."

"I chose to obey orders."

"Then that was your decision. It has nothing to impact me." Kakashi Sensei sighed in exasperation.

"Aisu, I know you have a certain way of thinking, but you need to abandon that. Your friends are there to support you. You should learn to support them as well."

"Alright. I can do that."

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Bye, Sensei." Kakashi Sensei walked off, while I headed to the library. I checked out a book and walked to the park to read. My apartment might have been a better choice, since more than half of the day was gone, but I figured the fresh air would help my health.

My decision led me to my first meeting with him.

"Hello, Little Miss. what are you reading?" I looked up to see a man towering over me. I stared at him, feeling his concealed presence.

"A Liar's Notebook," I said, showing him the cover. He nodded appreciatively at the colorful cover of the paperback.

"I see...that's an interesting book, isn't it?"

"No," I said, jamming my finger in between the pages of the book before shutting it.

"Then why read it?"

"Because there's nothing to do." It was true. I didn't read books because I like reading. I read because there was nothing to do. It was one of the least strenuous hobbies to do when I wasn't on missions.

"I see..." the man's dark eyes narrowed at me. While the silence grew, I took the time to take in his appearance. He wore a standard Chunin uniform: a dark green vest over a black shirt and combined with pants and shoes. His face wore a calculating one, and his gaze returned to my eyes.

"What's your name?" He asked. "I'm Kabuto by the way."

"Aisu." Kabuto nodded in a friendly manner.

"So then if you surname is Ku, then are you the Underworld Princess?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yes." I watched him carefully.

"Then, how about you listen to my offer?" He suggested.

"Alright." Kabuto handed me a small card with a picture of another man.

"Would you consider it? Joining his organization would benefit you more."

"How?"

"Well, you wouldn't have to explain anything to anyone, we can help you seclude yourself from the world, and you can do what you like."

"And the catch?"

"No catch. Although we consider it a great favor if you didn't help Konoha." I thought about Kabuto's offer for awhile, turning the card over in my hands. I stared at the photo of the man, looking at his organization basic background.

"I'll consider it," I replied, handing the card back to Kabuto. He grinned and stood up, the sky quickly darkening.

"Thank you, Aisu-san. I greatly appreciate doing business with you." And with that, he left.

I returned to my back, while the ground mounded and out popped a head of one of my servants. "Is Mistress going to the organization?" He asked, pulling himself from the ground. I looked at his cloth-covered face, showing only the eyes.

"No."