Chapter 4

"So what books have you read?" Kakashi Sensei asked. A flying kunai was sent my way, but I ducked, sending my own towards my sensei.

"Historical novels," I responded, crossing my arms when Sensei slammed his foot into my side.

"Well, when I was about your age, I hadn't started there. I started in the information books on the left side of the library." Sensei threw a two kunai tied together with a wire towards me. I dodged, collected the wire, and threw it back.

BRRRRRRINNGGGGGGG

Just then, the bell rang, signaling the time was up.

"Oh, looks like you failed. Let's go back." Sensei caught the wire, and we walked back to the three wooden posts. I could see Naruto bound to the center post, while Sakura and Sasuke appeared from the edge of the forest.

"Come on," Kakashi Sensei ordered, pointing to the wooden posts. I stood behind Naruto's post, while Sakura and Sasuke sat down in front of the other two. "Hey, you guys won't need to go back to the Academy."

"Really?!" Naruto began cheering.

"All I did was faint..." Sakura said uneasily.

"Right! You four should quit being ninjas!" Kakashi Sensei yelled at us, causing Naruto to go silent.

"What?!"

"First!" Kakashi snapped a finger at Naruto. "You were completely reckless. You took the bait for every trap I had. Then you broke the rules by eating lunch!"

Next, his finger was pointed at me. "And you, someone who knew the whole point of this survival exercise, didn't bother informing you teammates or attempt to aid them. You understood what I was asking for but refused to do it."

Sakura's turn was next. "You, like Naruto, missed the whole point of this exercise. You didn't look for Aisu or Naruto but only Sasuke. Do I need to remind you that Bookworm and Blondie are your teammates?"

How nice, Bookworm is my new nickname.

"And Sasuke, no doubt, your skills were on a whole different level than those two, but like the other two, you missed the point of this lesson. You thought the other three would hold you back."

Sasuke growled and lunged at Kakashi Sensei with a kunai, only to be disarmed and put into a reverse position.

"But there were only three bells!" Sakura said, confused.

"Aisu, explain."

"Sakura, hypothetically speaking, you and I are on a mission together. We come across an enemy ninja. Would you fight him alone? Or have me join you?" I asked.

"We would fight him together," she said, thinking logically.

"Hypothetically speaking," I added. "But correct. In this exercise, we should have teamed up with the boys. The whole point was to practice teamwork."

"But what about the bells?"

"To put you four into a situation where you forced to make decisions that can cost lives," Kakashi Sensei answered. "For example, Sakura, kill Naruto. And if she doesn't, Aisu, kill Sakura. If neither of you does, Sasuke will die." He pressed the kunai deeper into Sasuke's neck.

After another emotional monologue, Kakashi Sensei showed his mercy. "I'm going to give you one more chance to defeat me before dinner. Everyone but Naruto can eat. If you feed him, you'll all return to the Academy. Understood?" And with that, he disappeared.

While Naruto bragged how he wasn't hungry, Sakura and Sasuke eventually fed Naruto. Naruto tried to be brave, but after a few words of reassurance, he gave in.

"Aisu, give you food too," Sakura whispered to me.

"Or, just untie the ropes and let him fed himself," I answered, undoing the knot. "Kakashi Sensei never said Naruto couldn't feed himself. He said we couldn't."

"YOU!" Kakashi Sensei appeared suddenly in front of me, his face leaning in.

"Hello," I said politely. "May I help you?"

"Do you have any last words?" He hissed.

"No."

"Wait! Sensei! She didn't break any rules!" Naruto quickly supplied.

"And you said it was worse to break rules than to leave friends behind," Sasuke added.

"Then...you four...PASS!" Kakashi Sensei gave us all two thumbs up.

"For real this time?" Naruto asked, looking excited.

"We're real ninjas, Sasuke-kun!"

"Hn."

"Yes, Congrats, everyone! From now on, we're Team Seven!"