Chapter 35

Why am I so cruel and heartless?

I have no concern for people in general. I believe that if people will eventually die whether they like it or not. Tragedy, suicide, murder...all these add up to death of mankind. What's the point of saving someone who will die later?

People can argue that every single human life is precious. I believe that life is precious when a person is actually useful, like myself.

I don't care what happens to me. I could die, humiliated and shamed, and still smile like nothing is wrong. In the big scheme of things, I am only another human being who will die later. My life is not important. I only exist for mankind to take advantage. They only need to give me a specific payment and I'll do their bidding. On the other hand, I can choose to reject certain requests if I decide to prioritize certain events over others.

Let's take Orochimaru for example. He desires to prolong his own life and cheat death. However, he will eventually die by some other means. Even if he can revive himself, he must eventually find an end.

"Mistress," the soldiers called to me. I lifted my head up to see the ship already docked at Death Island. I gracefully stepped onto land and looked around my surroundings. The castle was dingy and broken as ever...but to accomplish my mission, I needed a different look...

"Let's see how long it takes for Konoha to discover a traitor in their midst," I murmured, heading towards the castle.

As far as I was concerned, my tracks were well covered, but even I knew I would be outed eventually. My plan would work without fail. It was all a matter of timing.

A week later, I was proved right. Konoha still hadn't figured out who had started the Academy Massacre, but the people were growing angrier. My clone in Konoha still was safe, watching over the apartment along with a few servants. My clone would also work as my spy for the time being while I set up Death Island.

I turned my attention back to the castle that was being remodeled. With thousands of skeletons doing my bidding without objection or complaint, the castle was almost done and ready for my plan. I had the walls and floors fixed of the castle before reinforcing the outer courtyard walls that ran around the castle.

The tattoo of my back spiked in warning, and a hand emerged from the tattoo. This was my clone who sent messages this way. I took the paper from her hand and opened it.

They are beginning to suspect me.

I crumbled the paper and looked at the castle just one more section of the courtyard wall and we would be done.

"Mistress," a nearby maid called, handing me a sheet of paper and pencil. I accepted the writing materials and scribbled this message:

Stall them if possible. It's not necessary but try

I folded the paper and sent it to my clone through the tattoo.

I headed to my room and noticed the new room had its furniture rearranged. I nevertheless, went to my closet and picked out a black leggings and a creme-colored sweater dress. My shoes were a pair of black boots, and my hair was tied into a high ponytail.

Once I was dressed, I left my room and down to the throne room. Everything was ready.

All I needed to do now, was wait.