TWENTY-NINE

~Jenna~

I walked out the doors and see them walking away from me with Helmer struggling to get out of their grips.

"Jenna." I ignore him but when he grabs my arms I spun around and growled.

"What Alcander!?" I said while I tried to pull away from his grip. He tighten it and sparks continued to flow through my body.

"I'll won't kill him. If you at least talk to me." His eyes were pleading for me to say okay. His body language was praying for me to say ok. His face will fall if I say no, I'm sure he would stop working.

My heart pumped faster and I couldn't help but fall into the trap of saying "okay." I looked behind and saw the guards letting him go, while Helmer was confused and was about to make a run for it but stopped when Alcander spoke,"I'll kill you if you escape, but for now you are to attend the pack house and freshen up. I'll be there in a couple of hours." He starts to pull towards the door and all I can do is stare at his back.

He just lied to me about killing him.

He dragged me up stairs and plopped me down on the bed.

"I know from the very start you hated me. Just because of what people have said about me. And yes, I heard them all. But that's doesn't mean I'll be like that with mine own mate. I know I've chained you. I've been horrible from the very beginning, but you've been the same. I put those chains on you because thats what I was grown up to. Chains. That was the first thought that came to mind when I couldn't get you to submit. I'm horrible for doing that, but I can't do anything about it now, but just look at the scars on your neck. Taunting me. Telling me I was the one who cause it. And when I look at your wrist, that gets me even more mad, because you've been through enough pain and he decides to chain you too. I was mad. No- I was furious. I furious that we fought all the time. I don't think we even took the time to appreciate each other like mates. I want to start over. Forget my title. Forget your sass. Forget the past. I want to start something with my mate." He said while he was squatted in front of me and placing a hand on my thigh.

"Alcander, you act like I can forget what happen. And I don't see us going any further. I meant what I said about rejecting you. I don't regret it at all." I said while I tried to keep my voice stern, but I failed. 

His face falls, "So you don't fell anything if I touch you like this?" His hand moves away from my thigh and goes up to my cheek. His hands rests on my left cheek and his hazel eyes bore into mine. His eyes soften, while I'm trying really hard not to close my eyes and lean more into his touch.

It's a trick. I tell myself, but when I start to hear Audrey start to talk in the background, I can't help but to close my eyes. His thumb starts to crease my cheek. I let out a sigh and I feel myself lean more into him,but I can't seem to fight my own body to try to pull away.

"Jenna, I know you feel the pull towards me. I just want to start over. Start over what I messed up before. Please. Give me a chance. If you still don't feel the same pull like I expect you to do, you can reject me. I'll accept it. But give me a chance. Just one. Let me clean this up and treat you like a queen you are suppose to be." I open my eyes and see him staring at me with a mix of happy and sad eyes. I feel my shoulders drop.

"Please Jenna. That's all I ask. If you still don't want to be together, you'll reject me. I won't say no. I'll accept it. Because clearly a second chance isn't good enough for you and you clearly don't feel the pull or at all like me. Please. Just one chance."