THIRTY

~Jenna~

"There's a girl named Janet who makes really good sandwiches." Helmer says to trying to break the tension in here, then taking another bite out of it.

I looked back to Alcander and see him taking a step closer to him while his head twitches while he keeps blinking. Each blink his eyes would change, hazel, blue, bright hazel, bright blue. He took another step closer while his breathing is harsh.

"Alcander." I say while I look over to Helmer and see him looking down at the freakin sandwich, not paying attention that an Alpha might just end his life right here with no mercy.

He takes another step, while he's now in front of me. I stick out of my hand and grip on his shirt. I yank him back and he looks down at me with blue eyes.

"Stop. He's not even doing anything, and not even showing a sign that he wants me. Stop." I say in harsh whisper only for him to hear. He stares at me while he blinks slow, then opening his eyes to hazel.

I see his jaw clench but he sighs and looks back to Helmer. I looked back to Helmer and see him about to walk out the room. "Helmer!" He jumps and looks over his shoulder and meets my eyes.

"Yessss?" He says while he slowly starts to turn around.

"Whe-" I get cut off by Alcander who takes another step towards him while standing tall and saying, "I want to give you a choice."

This gets Helmers attention and he narrows his eyes at him while turning towards him. He stands tall and crosses his arms across his chest. "And what might this be? Choose between getting locked up or getting killed?" He says throwing it back with venom with his words.

I hear Alcander suck in a breath and I see his fist start to close at his sides but he fights against it. "You took out one of my best warriors, you took him out with such ease, while others would have a difficult time doing so-"

"Yeah. That's what happens when you become a rogue for so many years, trying to live for your mate." He growls out.

"I didn't ask about how you learned how to fight. I'm asking you this, I would like to invite you into my pack and become one of my top warriors." He said while I saw his finger twitch.

Helmer clenched his jaw and stared at him with fury in his eyes. "And then what? Have me just train everyday, where I can go seeking through the woods trying to find my mate-"

"It's either a yes and no question. But if you choose to say no, I won't have no choice but let you get far but I would set out my men to kill a rogue." He growled out.

My eyes grew big and I was about to speak but he came in my mind.

I won't do that. I just want to see what he would do.

I glare at his back but I stare at Helmer. His eyes are a deep blue. He stares at Alcander and I can tell his mind is turning wheels. His fist clenches the opens then clenched again.

"If I say yes. I need clothes and my own home. I don't want to live in this house while women stare at me. Because I can tell you one thing, I won't stare at any if only they are my mate-"

"Who said I was giving you a house!?" He growled out while he took a step closer.

"I did. Look Alpha, I didn't train for so many years just to get locked up and get pulled into a pack without my own house and clothes. So it's either get a bribe or none. I'll say yes, but I need my own house and clothes. And no, I would be off my way but that wouldn't stop me from killing your best men." He said staring hard at Alcander.

Alcander stood quiet.

I stared at his back but then Helmers eyes. They were still deep blue. I think those are how his normal eyes are, because in the cell his was bright blue. So I don't know? And I also noticed he was still naked. I still stared at his face but his chest was so defined.

His mate should love him.

I stared back at Alcander and he still hasn't said anything. I took a step forward and another till I was at his side and I looked up to the side of his face. He was staring at Helmer but I can see his eyes fogged over. He might be talking to his wolf or mind linking someone.

"If I say yes to the house, you'll train my other warriors your techniques. I'll tell you when to end the sessions but you would not disrespect me like now. I will kill you. I have so many ways to kill you in my mind. And it's hard when I can smell my mate with your scent." He growled.

"Oh. Oh. I didn't know you can be protective when you chained her on her neck with silver." He said stepping closer.

I heard Alcander suck in a breath while I grew big eyes and snapped my head to Helmer.

"What...did you say?"

"Oh, how you treated your mate. How you got mad because she didn't submit to you so you chained her up. How the hell do you do that to your own mate!?"

Does he want to die!? Audrey said while she came closer.

Clearly he does!

I looked back to Alcander and saw his eyes turning to the shade of blue. I quickly placed my hand on his arm but he didn't stare at me.

Stop him before he does something we both don't want!

How the hell do I do that!? He's not even looking at me!!!

Helmer was still talking and taking steps closer to Alcander while he was breathing hard.

I don know! Think of something!!

"Alcander." He took a step closer while I was trying to pull him back.

"What else do you have to say." He growled out while trying to pull his arm away.

"How the hell do you do that to your mate! Aren't you supposed to cherish her not treat her like a peasant!"

He took another step closer to him while Helmer did he same.

"Helmer stop!" I growled while pulling Alcander back but he didn't even move.

"He can't do that Jenna! How are you standing him right now!?" He growled not looking at me but staring at Alcander.

"Leave it Helmer!" I said while pulling back his arm.

I don't know what to do Audrey!? Help me! Help me pull him!!

I was already helping you!!

My heart started to pound against my chest and I heard them talking while they both growled at each other. Alcander took a huge step to him and I felt his arm go up and I didn't know what I was doing but this is what my bothers mate did when he was out of control.

I went in front of Alcander and gripped his face pulling him down till his lips were on mine.

*****

Helmer could be amazing but can be the pain in ass because he always wants the last word.

Can the kiss stop Alcander?

We'll see.

>:)

Anyway see you guys soon!!
SS