Chapter 2

Part 2 of A Shadow of hope. Sorry for the long wait!

"...And then they flew off before we could talk to them properly. If it wasn't for those two, we would've been blown up."

Hera finished telling Sato about their powerful new allies. The Ghost crew were all in the Command ship's briefing room with Sato and Rex. A hologram of the creature and person was displayed on the projecter table. Hera had managed to snap a quick photo before they had flown off to destroy the Imperial ships.

"This new person, you explained their appearance, but could you get their voice?" Sato asked.

"It sounded encrypted. Like they were trying to stop us from finding out about them. We couldn't tell if it was male or female" Kanan told him.

Rex frowned in thought.

"If this person rides one of these creatures, could they possibly have more? If we find this person, talk to them."

"What are you saying?" Zeb asked.

"You all saw what that thing could do. Had the Empire's Star Destroyers in pieces. If we had an army of them, think of how much more stronger we would be."
Hera glanced at Sato.
"Rex is right" Ezra said.

"If there are more of these beasts, then we have to find them."

"But we hardly know about them. We don't know what their called, or their natural habitat, or anything" Sabine told him.

"Then we'd better get studying. But tomorrow, it's late, get some rest Rebels" Hera said.
They all nodded and departed except for Ezra, who was looking at the Hologram on the projecter table.

"Ezra? Ezra?"

The young Jedi looked up at Hera who was still there.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"You aren't going to bed?"

"Not tired" Ezra replied simply before looking back at the Hologram.

"Ezra. Your not going to get any information by staring at that picture" Hera said.

"I know. I'm just... Observing the creature. It's so cool."

Hera smiled softly and placed a hand on the boys shoulder.

"Ezra. If we do find more, you know your not getting one, right?"

"I know" Ezra sighed looking over at her.

"Good. Now off to bed" Hera switched off the Hologram.
Ezra nodded and left.
________________________________

The next few days that followed, all of the Ghost crew were trying to find out more on the creature and rider. But after hours of slaving over data pads, books, and the holonet, nothing was found.

"Arghh! I can't take this!" Kanan yelled throwing his data pad on the Dejark table.

"Kanan chill out. What is bothering you? I haven't seen you this frustrated since the battles between you and Rex" Ezra said.

"Kid. Don't bring that up" Kanan said rubbing his temples.

"I really want to know who this person is. I'm frustrated that we haven't found anything yet."

"You clearly need a break. Sabine was about to go and get some supplies in Lothal's markets. Did you want to go?" Hera asked.

Kanan nodded and stood.

"Where is she?" He suddenly realised the Mandalorin wasn't there.

"Getting some of her miracles in case of any trouble" Hera replied.

"Take the Phantom okay?"
Kanan nodded again and Sabine entered.

"I'm ready to go" she said.

"Good, Kanan's coming with you Sabine. Take the Phantom and be back before this afternoon​ alright? I've heard there's going to be a new detachment of troops coming there."

Sabine agreed and left the room with Kanan.

"How come they get to go?" Zeb groaned.

"Because their the best at secrecy" Hera replied going into the cockpit.

"Oi!" Zeb and Ezra yelled after her.

"Well, she does have a point" Ezra sighed returning to his data pad.

Zeb grumbled before doing the same.

Suggestions wanted!

Star-Wars-Dragons