Chapter 18

"We're running low on fuel and data about the outer rim and this mission is going to solve that. We've located a shipment of fuel in a refinery and will only have one shot to get it."

Hera was briefing a mission with the Ghost crew in the Command Center. A few dragons, including Hurricane and Whiplash were there. Listening carefully to the plan.

"Ezra, you, Sabine, Kanan and Fawn will slip in undetected and give us a recon of what we're up against. Sabine, I want you to place your smoke and destruction bombs in various places around the refinery before hand okay? Fawn, I won't be able to scoop everyone up in time before we're blasted. I need you to pick out your fastest and best dragons to not only grab the fuel, but you guys too."

"Understood Hera" Fawn nodded.

"If all goes well, we'll deliver a blow to the Empire. Questions?"

"What are we going to have to sneak past to get in?" Sabine asked.

"There's an estimate of at least four squadrons of Stormtroopers there but nothing we can't handle" Hera replied.

There were no more questions after that so Sato relieved them to go get ready.

"Hera. Could I have a word with you?"

The Twe'lik looked over to see Fawn.

"Sure."

The two went to the far side of the command deck and Fawn faced Hera.

"I've chosen the dragons but I need your opinion on one" Fawn told her.

"I've picked Hurricane, Whiplash, Colour Fly, and Kyber to do this."

"Kyber?" Hera asked.

"Yeah. I needed to talk to you about that. He may be a little misleading but he's a true warrior. Plus this will help him gain some more confidence. Now he's in the rebellion, Kyber has to find his place."

"That I understand but do you think he can pull it off?"

"I'm sure."

"Then go get the dragons. We'll meet you in the Ghost's cockpit."

"I'm doing what?!" Kyber growled.

"Kyber, this will help you" Fawn told the destressed dragon.

"When I said I was joining the rebellion I didn't say I was taking part in missions. All I agreed to was defending them when it was necessary."

"Well this is necessary and you're defending them. Please Kyber. If you do this I won't ask you do another unless it's crucial" Fawn said.

The reptile sighed heavily and looked out the window he was sitting at. It had taken Fawn ages to find the dragon who had disappeared from her cabin to go for a walk.

"Fine."

"Thank you" Fawn said earnestly.

Fawn, Hurricane, Whiplash, Colour Fly and Kyber walked into the cockpit of the Ghost.

"Ready to go?" Ezra asked.

"Absolutely" Fawn replied as Whiplash flew on to Ezra's chair.

Hera started up the Ghost and detached from the command ship.
Flying forward, they jumped to hyperspace. Kyber sat near the end of the room, staring at the ground sadly. Kanan looked over and felt a spark of concern.

"Will he ever be okay again?" He asked Fawn quietly.

"Kyber and Ben's bond was really strong. They were great friends and were very close. Ever since Ben died Kyber's been, well..."