Chapter 57

Ezra, Fawn and Ahsoka sat in a circle, still mediating. Ezra opened his eyes and looke at the two older lightsaber weilders.

"You knew Master Yoda?" He asked them.

"Yes, he taught almost all of the younglings in the Temple" Fawn responded.

"At some point or another" Ahsoka added.

"Kanan described him to me. Small, green, wrinkly, with pointy ears."

Fawn and Ahsoka smiled at one another at Ezra's description.

"But he didn't know what he was really like" Ezra said.

"I'm not sure anyone did" Fawn admitted.

"I didn't know him too well back then, Ahsoka, you had more experience with Master Yoda did you not?"  

"I did. He was wise, and very kind. But as the Clone War dragged on, he carried a great burden. A deep sorrow. as if he knew before anyone else, that one time was ending and another beginning."

Ahsoka, whose eyes had been closed, opened them to see both Fawn and Ezra were gone. She looked around herself, but there was no sign of the two Jedi. 

Ezra opened his eyes, expecting to see Fawn and Ahsoka but was  surrounded with darkness dotted with stars. He was kneeling in a blue ring floating amongst the black and pure, twinkling white.  

"Woah"Ezra said standing.

"I know this place."

"Special to you it is, hmm?"

Ezra swung round to see a small, green creature with a walking stick sitting on a log behind him. 

"Master Yoda? You're here!" Ezra exclaimed.

"Oh here you are" Yoda replied.

"Last time I couldn't see you" Ezra said, getting on his knees.

"Ah, growing your abilities are" Yoda said.

"And with them, danger." 

Fawn opened her eyes, she was in a clearing surrounded by trees. She gasped and stood up, looking around. 

"This is familiar" she said aloud.

"I remember this place."    

"You should, it's where we had our first training lesson."

Fawn swung round to see a blue ghost of her Master Aliby Draconic standing a few meters away from her.

"Master?" She gasped.

Aliby smiled at his apprentice.

"It's been a long time Fawn, you grew up well" he remarked.

Fawn felt her heart leap as she ran at her Master and embraced him tightly. The man hugged his Padawan, patting her back.

"I missed you so much, I've only seen you in dreams" Fawn whispered as happy tears filled her eyes.        

"I thought I'd never physically see you again."

Aliby smiled and gently pushed Fawn away. 

"I've always been with you Fawn, everyday I've been by your side" he said.

"Then how come I've never been able to see you until now? Kabera has a very strong Force connection and two Temples on the planet. I should've been able to see you, or at least speak to you there" Fawn remarked.

"I won't deny Kabera is strong with the Force, maybe even more so than most planets" Aliby said leading Fawn to the ground.

"But Lothal is where your brother and parents comes from which creates a connection to you as well. It may not be as strong as your bond is with Kabera, but all of you have been here from some point or another, creating a link with this planet."