Chapter 53

Season 2 Episode 17 Shroud of Darkness

The Phantom landed on a cliff of a deserted planet. Ezra, Kanan, Whiplash, Kyber, and Colour Fly walked out from the shuttle.

"You sure you don't need me with you?" Fawn raised a brow as she leant against the door frame of the ship.

"Fawn stop worrying yourself. I'll take care of Ezra, I swear" Kanan told the Gray Jedi.

"You'd better. If I come back to see he's injured I'll hold you responsible."

"Got it got it."

Whiplash gurgled worridly and gazed at Ezra.

"What?" The boy asked.

"I'm still not comfortable about leaving you alone" he rumbled.

"What if the Inquisitors show up again? They always appear no matter where we go."

"Don't worry buddy, Kanan's got my back" Ezra said.

"Still..." The dragon trailed off.

Kyber rolled his eyes and bumped his son with his side.

"Whiplash, chill. I know Kanan will protect him. Ezra will be fine as long as he sticks with him" he said confidently.

Whiplash exhaled and looked at Kanan seriously.

"Keep an eye on him then" he said.

"What do you think I've been doing ever since I met Ezra?" Kanan grinned.

"Teaching him more sass than he needs" Whiplash muttered with a grin.

"Heard that" Kanan smiled.

"Okay let's go over this one more time" Fawn said.

"Whiplash and Colour Fly will look over the South side while Kyber and I scout the North. Chopper will handle the West and you two boys will be here."

The group were looking over a planet for a possible base location. Sabine had agreed to let Colour Fly go but couldn't join the group. She had to go on a supply drop with Hera and Zeb. Thing was, no matter what planet they went to, the three Jedi found themselves facing down the two Inquisitors. It frustrated the heck out of Whiplash because he was never with Ezra when it happened. The boy had come close to being killed multiple times and Whiplash was annoyed because he wasn't there to save the boy. It was either Kanan or Fawn. It wasn't that he didn't trust the two Jedi, it was just Ezra was his rider. He needed to be with him. Fawn had explained that Whiplash was fast so he could scout vast lands at a good pace. Whiplash had to agree, but was still a little on edge with the situation.

"Fawn we know" Ezra rolled his eyes.

"You've told us like a million times."

"Just making sure everyone knows" Fawn said, looking down on Whiplash.

"What?! What did I do?" The dragon asked in bewilderment.

"You have a common habit of  not following instructions or plans Whiplash. You need to be able to follow this one. One wrong move and we're kicking this planet off the list for potential bases" Fawn replied. 

Whiplash gave an irritated snort in reply and walked over to the cliff edge with Colour Fly. Ezra grinned at Kanan who smiled. 

"Well, Colour Fly and I are about to our part of scouting, so if you need us, com us got it?" Whiplash asked.  

"Have fun" Hurricane rolled his eyes. 

The two dragons took off into the sky and Fawn turned to Kanan and Ezra.