Chapter 22

Ezra walked into the common room where Fawn, Hera, Kanan and Hurricane were sitting.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked. 

"Yes. Ezra, have a seat" Hera said.

The boy sat beside Kanan and gave them all a quizzical expression.

"What's this about? I'm not in trouble am I?"

"No. Far from it. You've actually been offered a great privilege" Hurricane purred. 

Ezra glanced at him before looking up at the aults.

"Ezra. Remember when you first came to Kabera all those months ago? After you guys left, Whiplash told me me sensed something in you that wasn't the Force. When we joined the rebellion, I asked Whiplash to keep an eye on you and all senses alert in case of any...interesting updates" Fawn told him. 

"Why did he have to keep his senses alert?"

Ezra then gasped.

"Do I have a disease?" he asked, eyes wide.

Hurricane and Kanan laughed at that.

"No. You have a potential" Fawn said with a smile.

"Ezra. Listen to me carefully. Only dragons can sense a special capability inside people. Age doesn't matter, a dragon could sense the ability as soon as someone's born."

Fawn stood up and began pacing.

"Ezra. Whiplash sensed the ability to become a dragon rider in you and I'm offering you the chance to become one."

Ezra was staring at her, mouth slightly open. Kanan waved a few fingers in front of his Padawan's face after a few seconds of silence.

"I think you broke him" he said.

Ezra suddenly leapt of the couch with a whoop.

"You're serious?! I could become a dragon rider?! When can I get a dragon? When do I start training?!"

"Calm down kid" Hurricane laughed.

"You'll start training as soon as you've finished studying" Fawn told him.

"Studying?" Ezra repeated.

"It's part of the system. Before you can start interacting with dragons, you'll need to get familiar with the species, diets, habitats, flying patterns, foot prints, different scales and a bunch of other attributes."

Ezra sat down again as Fawn resumed pacing.

"After you've covered the books, you'll find your appropriate dragon to ride on. If you do find it, I'll teach you how to train it."

"What do you mean if I find it?" Ezra asked.

"I mean, not everyone who has the potential find their dragon. There's one rider only for every dragon in the universe. If you can't find it, you'll never be a dragon rider."

"What about Whip..."

"Too young" Hera told him instantly.

"What do you mean too young? He can grow to the size of the Phantom" Ezra told her.

"A dragon with a rider has to be at least twenty years of age. Whiplash is fifteen" Hurricane told him.

Ezra looked at Fawn.

"So would I go to Kabera to find a dragon?"

"Where else would you go?" Fawn asked.

"The wild?"

"Most planets don't have dragons any more" Hurricane said.

"Because they've been..."

"Hunted" Ezra finished.

"Yeah."

"So. When do I start hitting the books?"

"Well, as soon as I get the message out to Kabera. We'll have to go to the library there and get a lot of books. And I mean a lot" Fawn responded.

"When can we go?"

"Tomorrow if that's okay with you two?" Fawn looked over at Kanan and Hera.

"We'll be going out for a mission so how about you go and we'll pick you up when the mission's done? That way Ezra can also get a good look at the different species round Kabera" Hera told her.

"Sounds good" Fawn nodded.
"Alright. I'll be up early tomorrow. Good night" Ezra said standing and going into the hall. 

"Hm. I honestly expecting him to be more excited about going to Kabera" Hurricane said.

"Give it a second" Kanan told him.

"WHOOOOOOOOOOO!" Ezra's voice screamed from down the hall.

"Told ya" Kanan said with a smile.

Fawn leant back in the couch.

"Thanks for offering him this Fawn. I think he'll do really well" Hera said.

"No. Thank you for agreeing. This wouldn't be happening if you hadn't said yes."

"This wouldn't be happening if you hadn't joined the rebellion" Kanan commented.

"And I have no regrets" Fawn smiled.