Chapter 34

Whiplash shot across the sky like a blue bullet. Ezra was gripping his horns as the dragon shot through the air.

"Come on buddy, almost there" the boy encouraged.

Whiplash snorted and flapped his wings harder. The dragon's speed increased and he shot towards the ground. Doing a barrel roll, Whiplash skidded on his claws sideways across the dirt before stopping. Whiplash was breathing heavily like he'd run twenty miles in a flat out gallop.

"How'd we do?" Ezra asked, still recovering from the exciting flight.

"Two minutes and fifteen seconds. Not bad" Fawn replied looking at the stop watch.

Fawn, Ezra, Hurricane and Whiplash were on the fields of Lothal. Whiplash and Ezra were doing training with Fawn. At the moment, Fawn was testing Whiplash's speed and agility in the air. A raging wind was speeding across the planet which made control in the sky extremely difficult. Turns out, Whiplash's control was unmatchable.

"Okay, that's enough for today. Let's get out of this gail" Fawn said.

Ezra nodded and dismounted from Whiplash. The quad made their way across the fields to the Ghost.

"Question!" Ezra yelled over the wind.

"Why did we come here in this weather?!"

"It was to help Whiplash and yourself be controlled and steady in the roughest types of wind!" Fawn replied.

"And what's the point of that?!"

"You never know, but it's very useful at times!" Fawn shouted back.

Walking into the Ghost, Fawn, Ezra, Hurricane and Whiplash went up the ladder into the halls of the ship.

"What happened to you guys?" Sabine asked in bewilderment.

"Training" Ezra replied.

"Really? Cause it looks like you just went through a tornado."

"Ha ha, so funny" Ezra said sarcastically.

Fawn smiled slightly then looked at Hurricane. The dragon glanced up at her.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing, I need to find Hera and Kanan, could you go get Zeb?" Fawn inquired.

"You really think they should know?" The dragon asked quietly.

Fawn nodded once. It had been a week since Moonshine, Bludgeon, and Colour Fly had told Fawn they sensed the Ghost crews potentials. Fawn had been arguing with her brain when to tell them about their abilities. Now, she had decided it was time. Hurricane padded off down to the cabins while Fawn went to the cockpit.

"Hey, we're you going?" Ezra called after her.

"I'll be back in a second, stay here you three" Fawn replied disappearing out the door.

Ezra glanced at Sabine who shrugged.

After a minute or two, Kanan, Hera, Zeb, Fawn and Hurricane returned to the common room. The group sat down but Fawn stayed standing.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it straight off the bat. Sabine, Hera, Zeb, you three have Dragon Riding potentials" Fawn said.

It took a while for this statements to settle in.

"You're...you're serious?" Sabine asked after a while.

"Completely. Moonshine, Bludgeon and Colour Fly sensed it you three. It's completely fine if you don't want to, the option is entirely up to you. Just keep in mind, this opportunity will probably never come up again in your life."

Ezra seemed shocked as well that his friends had the opportunity to become a Dragon Rider like him.

"Will you have the time to train us if we agree?" Hera asked.

"Well, Ezra would have to help me, but yes" Fawn nodded.

After a few seconds, Sabine slapped a hand on the Dejark table.

"I'm in, Zeb?" She asked.

"In" he agreed.

They all looked at Hera who smiled.

"Okay, I guess I'm in" she said.

"Great, but your dragons are currently on a mission with Rex so you'll have to wait before you start training. But you'll have to do what Ezra did and study up first. Got it?"

"Uh huh" Sabine nodded.

"Cool. Start reading and I'll give you the exam in a week's time."

"Wait, what about Kanan?" Zeb asked suddenly.

"Say again?" Fawn inquired.

"You never said if Kanan had the ability."

"Well...no dragon has said if they have sensed it in him but who knows" Fawn replied.

Kanan nodded but didn't seem too fazed he wasn't getting a dragon.

"So I guess I'll be training you guys too" Ezra said with a smile.

"I think it'd be safer for Fawn to do that" Zeb smirked.

Ezra lightly punched the Lasat's muscular, right arm with a grin.

"Glad to get that off your chest?" Hurricane muttered to Fawn.

The Jedi smiled slightly and looked at the dragon.

"More than you know" she replied.