Chapter 65

Fawn pushed her last crate down the Ghost's ramp. She turned round to face the others. They stood with sad expressions and crossed arms. Fawn exhaled and stood before them.

"I uh...I never realised how important you guys really are to me until now. Guess you don't see how important something or someone is until you lose them. But, then and again, I'm not losing you guys. We're parting ways for a while. I swear I'll keep in touch."

Fawn went over to Hera and put her hands on the Twe'lik's shoulders.

"Thank you for everything" she said before embracing Hera.

"Promise me you'll take care of Ezra" Fawn whispered.

"You know I will" Hera answered quietly.

Fawn drew away and gave Hera a small smile for turning to Sabine and hugging her.

"Don't forget about the skills I taught you in artistry" she said.

"Huh, how could I forget?" Sabine rolled her eyes but seemed on the verge of tears.

Fawn went to Zeb and raised a fist.

"I'll see you around big guy" she said, fist bumping with the Lasat.

"Yeah, sure" Zeb replied, ears down.

Fawn's expression was sympathetic as she hugged Zeb. Having to reach up slightly to put her arms around his neck. After drawing away, Fawn crouched before Chopper placing a hand on his dome.

"You do your best to stay out of trouble, okay Chop?" She said.

Chopper warbled and gave Fawn a salute. The Gray Jedi laughed slightly​ and hugged the astromech.

"You really are the most expressive droid I've ever met" she sighed, standing.

Chopper purred at the compliment. Fawn went to Kanan and smiled at him.

"Good luck with Malacore" she said.

"Yeah, we're gonna need it" the man sighed.

Fawn's eyebrows lifted at the ends and she embraced Kanan.

"Hey Kanan, do me a favour. Keep an eye on Ezra when your on Malacore" Fawn muttered.

"I always have to keep an eye on him" Kanan replied.

Fawn rolled her eyes before drawing away and nodding to Kanan. She then glanced down on Ezra who was avoiding her gaze.

"Hey" Fawn said.

The boy looked up at her.

"This isn't the Ezra I know."

Ezra exhaled and studied Fawn.

"I never wanted to separate from you" he admitted.

"You remind me so much of mum and dad."

Fawn's expression softened.

"That's good to know" she said then motioned to her dragon who came forward.

She took something from Hurricane's saddlebag and gave it to Ezra.

"Here, this is something to remember me by."

"Fawn is this your Dragon Holocron?" Ezra stared.

The object in Fawn's hands was a clear, faint purple triangle shaped box with a small indigo crystal in the center. Fawn called it the Dragon Holocron and Ezra remembered when she first showed it to him.

*Flashback*

Ezra and Fawn watched as Whiplash bounded after a stick that Ezra had just thrown for him.