Chapter 30

The Ghost crew took their arms from their eyes when the light died down. A dramatic and enchanting scene met their gaze.
Ezra had his head slightly turned, palm pressed on Whiplash's muzzle with his eyes closed. The dragon's eyes too were shut while he purred softly. After a few seconds, Whiplash opened his eyes and looked down on the boy in front of him. With a shaky exhale, Ezra took his hand from the reptile's snout as his eyes opened. He slowly pulled up his glove, not knowing what expect.

"I've got it" he whispered, staring at his right palm.

"I'VE GOT THE MARK!" Ezra laughed, almost hysterically, and threw his arms around Whiplash's neck.

The dragon rubbed his nose on Ezra's back while the others came forward. Ezra pulled away from the dragon, grinning down at the spiral on his hand.

"Let's see it" Fawn said taking Ezra's hand in hers and studying it.

A red spiral looked like it had been burned into the boy's palm. It was prominent and definitely held a sense of strength.

"It's reasonably deep, that means you'll have a good chance of becoming a powerful rider. It's size also shows that you'll be rather talented in training dragons larger then you. So, all in all Ezra,"

Fawn looked at the boy.

"You'll be a fine student to teach."

"When can I start?" Ezra asked.

"As soon as you want. I mean, you still have Jedi training and all."

"He could multitask. He does it all the time" Kanan told her.

"Okay."

Ezra suddenly wrapped his arms around Fawn and hugged her tightly. Fawn stepped back a bit because of the sudden force, but put her own arms around Ezra.

"Thank you Fawn, really, I mean it. This wouldn't have happened without you" he said.

"And Whiplash" Fawn reminded him as he pulled away.

Ezra scratched the dragon's chin making him rumble happily.

"Yeah. I guess so."

Fawn's com suddenly went off.

"Give me a second guys" Fawn said pressing it.

"Fawn here."

"Fawn, this is Lux. Raxia wants to see you."

Fawn gulped.

"Okay, be right there."

Fawn declined the call and ran a hand through her scalp.

"I'm so dead" she said.

"Hey, Raxia won't know that Whiplash and I are now dragon and rider, will she?" Ezra asked.

"Ezra, this is Raxia we're talking about. That dragon knows everything that goes on here. Also, she can sense when a dragon and rider bond is created."

"Oh."

"Fawn, we need to get going. We'll be in even more trouble if we're not there soon, you know how Raxia hates waiting" Hurricane growled, but even he seemed worried.

"Hey, what if Whiplash and I come with you?" Ezra asked.

"Have you lost your mind?" Fawn asked.

"No, I just thought it would better."

"He's got a point Fawn, if Raxia sees Ezra, he can tell her everything he's learnt and why he should become a dragon rider" Hurricane said. 

"I think it's more Whiplash she's going to have a problem with. She knew about Ezra, but we agreed that he'd only become a rider if he got a dragon of age."