Chapter 11

Fawn was practicing her karate on a punch bag. Grunting as she hit it hard with her fists. Hurricane was watching from the edge of the training yard.

"You need to keep a straighter back!" He called.

"You're a little hunched over!"

"Thanks for the tip buddy!" Fawn replied, striking the bag with a knife hand.

Lux entered the training grounds.

"Fawn" he said.

The girl looked over then turned back to the bag and continued training.

"What is it Lux?" She asked doing a left punch.

"We've just received a transmission from the rebels" Lux told her pulling out a hologram projecter.

Fawn turned round and took it. Pressing the play button.
An image of Hera came up looking scared and panicked.

"This is Hera. The fleet is under siege. The Empire has nine Star Destroyers surrounding us. We need help...!"

The transmission was cut.
Fawn was left staring at the projecter. Hurricane had come over and was standing beside her.

"Fawn? What are we going to do?" He asked.

Fawn's face set with determination.

"Hurricane. Get all the Squadrons. We're heading out there." Fawn told the dragon who nodded and took off.

Fawn ran to her quarters with Lux right behind.

"Fawn, listen, this mission is insane. You can't possibly risk yourself for the Rebels" he told her as she got her saddle bag and put things in it.

"Lux. Hurricane will protect me. Plus, I can't let the rebels get turned into the Empire. They'll execute them in the worst ways possible."

Fawn opened a compartment and pulled out a small bag. Lux saw what she was holding.

"Do...Do you really think it's time?" He asked.

"You haven't used those things in years."

"I only stopped when I had to. I knew there was a day I'd have to pull them back out" Fawn sighed putting them in her bag.

"Fawn listen. If you think about joining the Rebellion. We're all right behind you, it's your decision" Lux said.

Fawn smiled at him.

"Thanks Lux."

Hurricane landed outside the door.

"Fawn. Do you really think forty six squadrons will be enough to destroy nine Star Destroyers? Normally we need every protector on Kabera to do that" he told her.

"I know. That's why we're bringing Raxia" Fawn said.

"Really think that's a good idea? Raxia's the best dragon we have. She's ​the queen of all dragon species" Lux said.

"I know. That's why we need her" Fawn replied.