Chapter 5

On with the show.

Kanan sat in his room with Ezra, meditating on the floor. The two of them had been quiet ever since they started which was two hours ago, but now, Ezra felt a question bubble inside him.

"Kanan?" He asked opening his eyes.

"Hmm?" Kanan responded to show he was listening.

"You know our new allies? The person was wearing Mandalorin armour so is it possible, they could be Mandalorin?"

Kanan opened his cyan eyes to study Ezra's curious face.

"I don't know Ezra. I asked that question to Sabine the other day when we encountered them for a second time. She said the armour did look Mandalorin​. But she's never heard of a clan that rode Shadow Wing's before. She even looked at Mandalorin history but there's nothing about a tribe that rode them."

Ezra thought for a second.

"How old do you think the are? The person?"

"Has the height and attitude of an adult so if we do find out who they are, don't expect them to be your age kid" Kanan replied after a while.

"I know that Kanan. But, I've been thinking, if we do find out who this person is, like name and everything. Do you think they'll join us?"

Kanan was quiet for quite a while. He didn't know how to answer that. Sure, it would be fantastic if they did, but maybe they just wanted to live their lives as allies? Like Rebels on the run from the Empire.

'A bit like us I suppose' Kanan thought.

"Kanan?" Ezra asked.

Watching as his Master stared at the floor in thought.

"In all honesty Ezra, I don't know. It would be great, but maybe they don't want to get in the fight. Maybe they just want to live their lives on the run?"

"It's been a few days. When did they say they would contact us?"

"The rider just said a few days. They didn't say anything else" Kanan responded.

As if on cue, Chopper suddenly came wheeling in. Beeping like a maniac.

"Chop! Slow down! I can't understand you when you speak too fast" Kanan said.

Chopper warbled.

"They're contacting us now?" Ezra repeated.

"Come on kid" Kanan said already out the door.

Ezra and Chopper followed immediately.

The trio skidded into the breifing room. Everyone else was already there.

"Perfect timing you three" Hera said as they came over.

"They're transmitting now."

A hologram of the person came up. They were wearing a cloak so their face didn't show.

"Hera Syndulla" they said, voice still sounded encrypted.

"Fulcrum" Hera nodded.

"I've been fighting by your side with Hurricane a few times and I understand you're curious to know who I am. Rest assured, the time will come when we meet face to face. I will tell you my name and everything I haven't."

"Why don't you now?" Kanan asked.

"The Empire could be tracking this transmission Kanan. And also, if any of you were captured and tortured for information, you may let my Intel slip. And that's something I cannot have. I've been a wanted rebel for years. The Empire probably wants me dead more then you guys."

"Fulcrum. We need to know who you are to trust you" Hera said.

"Haven't​ my actions been enough? Isn't it clear the Empire's my enemy as well?" They asked.

"Yes. But we don't what or who you are" Rex replied.

"Fair enough. I see what you mean."

The person thought for a second.

"Very well. I will send you information and details on my home planet. Just be warned, you may die trying to get here."

"And why's that?" Hera asked.

"Because you have to go through a Star Cluster" the person replied.

The transmission suddenly ended. The room was silent for a second. A sudden beeping sound went off on the projector table and a hologram of information popped up on it.

"Woah" Sabine said.

"It's called Kabera" Ezra said reading the planets name.

Kabera was a blue and green planet that had eight moons surrounding it. A massive sun rested in between two of them.

"That's where Fulcrum lives?" Kanan stared.

"Apparently so" Commander Sato said.

"Hera? Care to fill us in?" Sabine asked when she saw Hera reading the information.

"Okay, we'll need your bow rifle for this Zeb. This'll be a bit like the time we got your people to Lerassan. We'll be going through the Star Cluster."

"Captain Syndulla. I am giving you permission to go to this planet. I want you to try to recruit this Fulcrum agent. If you cannot, return back to the fleet" Sato said.

"Understood Commander" Hera replied.

Ezra looked back at the information.

"Here we go" he muttered.

So the rebels have found out about their ally!
Stay tuned for updates!

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲