Chapter 15

Fawn unpacked the last of her things into the closet. Pressing the button, the door closed and she put the now empty box in a corner. Fawn looked round at the dragons in the room. The only two who weren't asleep was Hurricane and Whiplash. The two proclaimed they weren't tired, but Fawn knew they were only staying awake because they didn't want to miss anything. The two reptiles were having a staring contest. Dragons didn't need to blink often. A normal person against a dragon in a staring contest would fail but a dragon against a dragon was harder. They could stare at one another for a day without blinking.
Fawn was starting to get annoyed with the two reptiles. They'd been like this for hours. With a sigh, she approached them and took hold of their heads and forced them down. Both dragons yelped in surprise and their eyes closed.

"Oi! What was that for?" Hurricane demanded looking at his rider.

"You two have been like this for ages. I was getting sick of it" Fawn shrugged.

Whiplash shook his head before getting comfortable again.

"What's the matter Fawn? You seem anxious" he purred.

"Oh, um, well, it's about Ezra" Fawn replied.

Hurricane lay down and looked at her.

"You want to tell him?" He asked.

"Hurricane. I need to tell him" Fawn answered.

"But how? You can't just say stuff like this easily."

"Yeah. I'd feel pretty awkward in your shoes" Whiplash said, smpythetic​.

Fawn sighed and ran a hand down her hair.

"He needs to know, but I just don't know how to say it."

"The time will come when it's right. Don't​ worry" Hurricane told her.

The door hissed. The trio looked up to see Ezra standing there.

"Hey Ezra" Fawn greeted standing.

"What can I help you with?"

"Well. I came to know some things. About Kabera and the dragons. They've both intrested me" he replied.

"Of course. Come on in" Fawn said.

The boy entered and sat on the bench. Whiplash flew over and smoged the boy's arm.

"What is it you want to know?" Hurricane inquired.

"Well, what abilities do Whiplash and Hurricane have?" Ezra asked.

"Hurricane was gifted with a powerful flame and shadows which helps his camouflage. Whiplash has an amazing air and lightning element. He's fast and dangerous. He was nicknamed 'Bullet' by his friends."

"I would imagine it suited him" Ezra smiled scratching the dragon's chin.

Fawn watched as Ezra petted Whiplash who rubbed against him affectionately. She glanced at Hurricane who gave her a knowing glance.

"Another thing. Can dragons breathe in space or is there something that helps them?" Ezra asked.

"Dragons have a special force field surrounding them so they can breathe and have extra protection. It also helps me ride Hurricane. The helmet doesn't help me in space. I have it to hide my identity."

"I've been wondering that for a while" Ezra told her.

"They can't last forever though. Dragon's need air so they can't travel endlessly. They need breaks at least every hour or two" Fawn continued.

"But with Kabera they don't need to have their force fields. Kabera's star system is warm and breathable. I can take off my helmet and breathe like you would now."

"That's not possible" Ezra said.

"It is. The dragons make it possible. On Kabera. Anything can happen" Whiplash told him.

"I kinda find it hard to believe" Ezra admitted.

"Trust me Ezra. That's not the first time I've heard that" Fawn said.