Chapter 33

Ezra lay on his bunk reading with Whiplash dozing beside him. Zeb wad resting quietly in his bed, arms crossed. Suddenly, the Lasat's nose began to twitch. His eyes opened and he sat up.

"What's that smell?" He asked.

Ezra and Whiplash raised their heads and sniffed too.

"Dunno, but it smells good" Whiplash purred.

Ezra and his dragon jumped off the top bunk and Zeb followed them into the hall. Kanan, Hera and Sabine were also going out of their bedrooms in the direction of the common room. They entered to see Chopper and Hurricane placing some plates of food onto the Dejark table.

"Mmm. What smells so good?" Whiplash asked.

"Dinner" Fawn answered, coming from the kitchen, hands holding plates.

"I was hungry and I guessed you guys were too."

"Nice" Sabine smiled.

The Ghost crew picked up a plate of food each and sat down.

"Hurricane? Could you call the other dragons?" Fawn asked her friend.

The reptile nodded and went down the hall to Fawn's room.

"Wow, this is really good" Ezra said.

"I've gotta get the recipe for this" Hera agreed.

"Well I'm here so I'll teach you how to make it" Fawn told her.

A flock of dragons soon appeared through the doorway. Fawn put bowls of the food on the ground and the dragons began chowing down. Whiplash, who ate like a chipper shredding up branches, finished his meal quickly. He wandered over to the table and sat down.

"Ezra, you've got company" Fawn said.

Ezra looked over and felt his gaze lock onto the sight. Whiplash's pupils were large and his head was slightly cocked to the side. He was making an innocent and adorable snuffling noise as he gazed at Ezra. Slowly, he raised his paws off the ground into a begging position and he made the softest, and most adorable purr Ezra had ever heard. Completely captive by Whiplash's begging act, Ezra reached absent mindedly into his plate and gave the dragon a piece of meat. The dragon immediately swallowed it, lost the cute expression and shook himself. Ezra blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes.

"What just happened?" He asked.

"Guilt manipulation and the classic 'adorable begging act' happened" Fawn replied.

"Hurricane used to pull that trick on me all the time, and most of the time it worked. Dragons can look unbelievably cute at times which they use to their advantage. Don't fall for it all the time Ezra, that's something you never want to fall victim to."

Ezra nodded and looked at Whiplash who grinned at him.

"Fawn."

The Jedi felt a tugging on her pants and looked down to see Colour Fly looking up at her. Colour Fly was a Fire Horn dragon who could change colour depending on her mood and for camouflage. Her normal colour was a bluey purple hue. She had spiralled horns, a feathered tail, sharp talons, hooked wings and golden eyes. She was a very creative dragon with a special flame that could change colour when she breathed it. Colour Fly made incredible art pieces and was admired for her artistic abilities. She was also good friends with Whiplash and was the same age as him.

"What is it Colour Fly?" Fawn asked.

"Moonshine, Bludgeon and I need to talk to you in private. Urgently" the dragon said.

"Alright."

Fawn looked at the others.

"I need to go discuss business with some of my dragons, so, if you would excuse me."

Fawn stood and three dragons followed her to the door.

"Oh by the way, you're welcome to seconds." 

"Hurricane, you'd best come too" Moonshine told her son who nodded and followed the group down the hall.

"What do you think that's about?" Whiplash asked Ezra.

"No clue" the boy replied.

Fawn closed her cabin door behind her and looked round at the four dragons on the bed. Bludgeon was a muscular, grey and dark blue dragon with a tail that gave him his name. Sharp eyes and large wings, he was a terrifying predator.

"So what is it?" Fawn asked.

"Well, it's a really serious matter Fawn, concerning the Ghost crew" Moonshine replied.

"I'm listening" the Jedi said sitting down.

"We've been in this rebellion for a while now and have noticed something odd about Hera, Sabine and Zeb. It isn't just Ezra holding the Dragon Riding potential."

Fawn stared, then jumped in realization, a result that made her smack her head on the bunk above.

"You're joking right?" She asked, rubbing her head.

"No. Colour Fly sensed it in Sabine, Bludgeon sensed it in Zeb and I sensed it in Hera" Moonshine said.

Fawn took it all in then stood and began pacing.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Things kept getting in the way and you didn't have time. You were so busy with Ezra and Whiplash that we didn't have a chance to tell you" Moonshine explained.

"When did you find out about their potentials?" Hurricane asked.

"A few days after we joined the rebellion. We weren't entirely sure cause we haven't felt it before. But as they days turned unto weeks, the power became stronger and there was no denying what it was" Colour Fly responded.

Fawn exhaled and rubbed her temples.

"Alright, so I now have four problems on my hands. You three thankfully need riders but I can't possibly train Hera, Sabine Zeb and Ezra at the same time. Plus, there's the situation with Kyber."

Fawn sighed heavily and sat back down on her bed.

"What's going on with Kyber?" Colour Fly asked. 

"He's going through a bit of a rider dilemma at the moment. Kanan apparently has the potential and Kyber is his dragon."

Fawn put her face in her hands and groaned.

"There's just too much going on."

"You should get some sleep Fawn" Moonshine purred in concern.

"Yeah, I guess you're right" Fawn agreed, patting the reptile affectionatly.

Moonshine, Bludgeon and Colour Fly got off the bed and left the room.

"Oh dear lord" Fawn groaned, falling backwards onto her bunk after they'd left.

"You okay?" Hurricane asked.

"Do I look okay to you?" Fawn asked slapping a hand over her face.

"Stress?"

"Yeah no kidding. Sometimes I really wish things would go my way for once. It's just getting more complicated everyday."

Hurricane laid down on her chest and rested his chin on her collar bone.

"Don't worry. It'll all work out, you'll see" he said.

"Hopefully" Fawn told him getting comfortable.

After a few minutes of restless thoughts, Fawn managed to get to sleep.