Chapter 21

Ezra woke a few hours after the incident. He said his head and arm was sore, but other than that, he was fine. Hera made him stay in the Med-bay for the night with Whiplash watching him. The dragon agreed as soon as Hera asked. Ezra was pleased by this.
Later that night, the crew was asleep. Ezra was too with Whiplash at his full size beside the bed. He was on high alert, barbs open just in case of anything. Whiplash knew now that Ezra had the potential to be a dragon rider. It all added up. But he also knew that he was too young to be Ezra's dragon. That is if the boy was going to be accepted into the Dragon Riding Academy Galastriels Oretha Nexis. (D.R.A.G.O.N)
Galastriels Oretha Nexis meant 'where hope means more' in Dragon Script. (The old tongue of dragons)
The academy was made for the riders of Kabera and had been around for nine years. Whiplash dreamed of having a rider, and after meeting Ezra wished he could be his dragon.
But it was a rule.
Only dragons over the age of twenty could have riders, and he was fifteen. The door hissed and Whiplash swung round. Snarling protectively with a fire ball growing in his mouth.

"Woah. Take it easy Whiplash, it's just me" Hera said.

The dragon immediately backed down.

"Sorry Hera" he apologized as she came over to the bed.

"It's alright. You were just protecting Ezra" Hera said stroking down the dragon's neck.

"I came in to check on him."

Hera very gently lifted Ezra's arm to get a better look at it.

"Just wish there was a faster way to heal it."

"There is" Whiplash told her.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Do you have a syringe round here?"

"Yes."

Hera went over to the cupboards and pulled out the item. Going back over to Whiplash she held it up to him.

"Okay, in the cuboard over there, Fawn has a box of viles," Whiplash told her and the Twe'lik moved to where the dragon said. She pulled out a small crate that was full of small glass capsules of gold liquid.

"What are these?"

"Pure, Light dragon tears, able to heal almost anything" Whiplash replied. "Inject one into Ezra's arm and he'll be healed within twenty four hours."

"Dragon tears have healing powers? You guys are more special than I thought" Hera said.

"Yeah. Our tears are another reason why we are hunted" Whiplash told her sadly.

Hera patted his back sympathetically and focused back on Ezra, injecting the needle into his wrist. The boy's fingers curled slightly as he gave a small whimper, but settled back down.
Hera gently rubbed his shoulder before sitting on the bed and running her hand through Ezra's hair. The boy shifted into her touch and a small smile grew on his face. Whiplash and Hera's expressions softened at Ezra's openness.

"You don't often see him like this" Hera told the dragon.

"He's more of a strong, independent, stubborn kid then, huh?" Whiplash asked.

"Pretty much."

Hera hesitated before saying,
"I've been meaning to ask you, do you know about Ezra's dragon-"

"Dragon riding potential? Yeah. Fawn told us about that" Hera replied.

"And? Are you going to agree?"

Hera glanced at Ezra then back at Whiplash.

"Kanan and I have made our decision for it" she answered.

"And?"

"We think Ezra will enjoy it. Fawn will start training him in a few days."

Yay!! Ezra's going to be a dragon rider!
Suggestions are appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲