Chapter 36

Three weeks had passed after Hera, Zeb and Sabine had started training with Moonshine, Bludgeon and Colour Fly. Fawn had sent a transmission to Kabera to record the three new additions to D.R.A.G.O.N and the three members of the Ghost Crew were now officially Dragon Riders. Ezra had also improved his riding and anyone would've thought he and Whiplash had been training together for years. The two got along really well and they seemed to be able to read one another's minds on what to do.  

The Ghost crew, their dragons, Commander Sato and Rex were standing in the briefing room, recapping a mission they'd been planning for a while.

"Okay. The Empire has started using nets after our previous attacks to try and capture the dragons" Commander Sato said.

"These nets were electrocute you into unconsciousness if you're caught so be cautious."
Ezra and Whiplash glanced at one another.

"Well I'm a lightning dragon so it won't affect me much" the winged reptile said quietly.

Ezra nodded in agreement. Lightning was Whiplash's strongest element so electric nets wouldn't really bother him.

"Alright. Caption Syndulla. This mission is yours to carry out" Sato said.

"Yes sir" Hera nodded.

The Ghost crew followed Hera out of the room with their dragons right behind them.

"Hey Fawn" Ezra said.

"Yeah?"

"I've done some studies and lightning dragons can absorb lightning and that will boost their power. Whiplash is part lightning dragon so will that go for him too?"

"I'm not sure Ezra. I've never really thought about it before" Fawn admitted.

"Seems like something to experiment" Hurricane agreed.

"Wait so you guys want to test if I can absorb lightning?" Whiplash asked.

"Yup" Ezra told him.

"And to do that you'd need to shoot me with volts of energy."

"Uh huh."

"Sounds legit."

"Sometimes I wonder if you even have a brain Whiplash" Hurricane smirked.

"Shut up" Whiplash grinned.
The group walked into the Ghost and Hera fired up the engines. Detaching from the command ship, the armed transport jumped into hyperspace.

The Ghost entered the space sector of Florrum. The crew looked out to the planet with faces of determination.

"Okay, as soon as Sabine and Colour Fly let off the signal, Fawn, you, Hurricane, Ezra, Whiplash, Zeb and Bludgeon will fly in and start wrecking as much as you can. Moonshine will fly down to help and Kanan, you'll follow on Kyber."

"Hold on what? That wasn't part of the plan" Kanan told her.

"Suck it up, plans change" Hera told him.

"But I don't even know how to fly" Kanan insisted. 

"Kanan, just hold on tight and don't fall off" Hurricane said.

"Not helping."

Kyber didn't seem entirely happy about the sudden change in the plan either. Himself, Rex, and Kanan were supposed to stay on the Ghost with Hera and help man the guns. But not anymore apparently.
Sabine and Colour Fly went to the entry ramp and opened the door.

"Alright, don't come until you see an explosion" Sabine told them.

"We know Sabine" Zeb said.