Chapter 60

Ezra had never seen Fawn so anxious. She paced nervously as Hera talked to Commander Sato about visiting Kabera in the cockpit. The other dragons that had joined the rebellion sat in the common room. All worried and impatient to get back to their home. Ezra gently stroked Whiplash's back but the dragon barely acknowledged his rider was there. His eyes were glued to the floor, making sad, soft growls occasionally. Colour Fly, Bludgeon, Moonshine, and Kyber all sat around the room. Looking at one another with anxious eyes. They were all thinking the same thing.

What happened to their home?

They did their best not to think about it, but it was almost impossible. They had all been raised Kabera and were all connected to the planet. To hear that it had been attacked and needed assistance, it was more than devastating. Hera entered the common room making them look up.

"Commander Sato said we could go" she said.

The Twe'lik looked at Fawn.

"You ready?"

"More than I'll ever be" Fawn answered in a flat tone.

Ezra knew she wasn't ready to see what had happened to her home. But it had to be seen to.

The Ghost flew through hyperspace on its way to Kabera. Everyone stood in the cockpit silently, no one could speak. Even if they did, they had no idea what to say. Fawn walked back and forth in the space she had. Arms crossed as she stared at the floor. Ezra, who was sitting in his chair behind Hera looked over at his sister sympathetically.

"Hey" he said making the Gray Jedi glance at him.

"I'm sure Lux and the dragons are okay."

Fawn shook her head and resumed pacing.

"Wish I had your optimization" she muttered.

Ezra's eyebrows lifted into a concerned expression. Fawn was clearly shaken and he could understand. Kabera was important to Fawn like Lothal was important to Ezra. They were connected to their planets which were their homes. Hearing they were under attack or in trouble wasn't easy to cope with.

"We're coming up on Kabera" Hera said uneasily.

Fawn stopped walking and went to the front of the cockpit. Hurricane flew on to her shoulder and the girl reached up, taking hold of the dragon's talons. The reptile squeezed her fingers gently but had his gaze was set forward. The ship dropped out of hyperspace into Kabera's star system. The Ghost Crew and the dragons gasped, minds going numb at what met their gaze. Kabera's Fire Moon looked like Concord Dawn. Chunks of the moon littered through space while large, black marks covered the other ones. Kabera's sky was dark and looked like the land was dead. No dragons were flying around or in sight at all. The Empire wasn't there, but that wasn't what the rebels were thinking about.

"Kabera" Fawn whispered, shoulders trembling as tears began to fill her eyes. 

"It's gone."