Chapter 6

Really sorry about the slow updates!

The Ghost crew put the last of the supplies in Ghost. They were taking extra fuel and food incase of anything.

"We'll be back soon enough" Hera promised Sato as the crew went inside.

"Good luck Captain Syndulla" Sato said.

Hera nodded and went into her ship. Sitting at the control panel of the Ghost's cockpit, she turned on the engines and detached from the command ship. The Ghost flew from the fleet an jumped into Hyperspace.

"So this planet. Has anyone seen a star system with eight moons?" Ezra asked over the com.

"No. This is the first. I've never heard of a planet called Kabera" Hera responded.

"Neither. But I'm excited to see it" Sabine said.

"It'll be interesting" Kanan agreed.

The Ghost soon jumped out of hyperspace to gaze upon the biggest star cluster they'd ever seen. It was at least five times bigger then the one to get through to Lerassan.

"Alright Zeb. You're up" Hera said to the Lasat who was sitting behind her.

Zeb activated his bow rifle and stepped up to the dash board.
With a nod from Hera, he struck the Ghost's control panel. Yellow electricity crackled across it and pretty soon, the entire Ghost was sparking with energy.

"Okay. I have the coordinates. Let's go" Hera said moving the Ghost forward.

"Just to let you all know. If we die going through here, it was really nice getting to know all of you" Ezra said over the com.

"Ezra, I need you up here" Hera told him and the teen quickly came into the cockpit.

Kanan placed a hand on Zeb's arm and Ezra did the same.

"Let the Force guide you" he heard Kanan mutter to him.

Hera swallowed then hit the hyperspace button. Blue and white streaks met their sight then they shot through. Multi coloured rainbow strips tore past the Ghost. Ezra squinted in the light.
It was blinding him. He was beginning to feel light headed.
He reached out for Kanan and gripped his arm. His master held on to Ezra's wrist and Ezra could faintly see Kanan smiling at him.
He returned the expression before blacking out.

"Ezra, Ezra wake up."

Sabine's voice came into Ezra's ear. He felt someone nudging his shoulder. Opening his eyes he saw Sabine crouching above him.

"Ezra, you've gotta see this."

Sabine pulled him to his feet and he felt his mouth fall open.

A large green and blue planet was sitting in space. Rings surround it with asteroids hovering in them.
Eight moons circled the planet. One red, one green, one dark blue, one frosty white, one crackling yellow, one was a shadowy purple and black. Another was a gentle gold and white, and one was cloudy grey and pearl. Flying around the nine, large, colourful spheres were hundreds of creatures. All different shapes and sizes. Some looked like Hurricane, others had completely different features. Multi coloured, no legs, sharp spikes, large and small. Huge wings and long tails.
Flocks of different creatures flew around Kabera and it's moons.
The crew stared at this sight for ages until they realised that a group of the creatures were flying straight towards them. They circled the ship, sniffing curiosly before one flew right in front of them. It was blue and yellow with a long, barb studded tail and sharp claws. It's spiky, yellow horns had a sense of danger. It pressed a button on a gadget on its wrist. A beeping sound came on the dashboard. Hera shrugged to the others before pressing it.

"Attention ship. You're trespassing on our turf. Identify yourselves."

The creature's voice was a strong, growly type making it obvious it was male. Hera had to get over the shock of hearing this creature speak Basic before replying.

"We come in peace. My name is Hera Syndulla and this is the rest of my crew. We work against the Empire."

"So you're the band of rebels our master keeps protecting?" The creature asked.

"Yes. We know them as Fulcrum. They sent us coordinates on how to get here."

"Very well. I will take you in. Follow us and do not lose sight of me."

The animal turned off the com and roared to its friends who replied. They positioned themselves round the Ghost and Hera followed the blue and yellow dragon.

"Well, at least they didn't kill us" Sabine sighed.

"These creatures are incredible" Kanan did looking at them.

Ezra was pressed against the glass, staring out at the animals with fascination. They followed the creatures to the surface of the planet where it suddenly became misty. Suddenly, the animals tails lit up.

"Woah. Did not see that coming" Zeb said as the hybrid's tail in front of them, lit up blue and yellow.

It glowed brightly, so they could see clearly through the fog. They passed rock stacks and narrowly missed being hit by an incoming creature more then once. Finally, they broke out from the mist and saw the most incredible sight. The creature magically shining tails dimmed back to normal and they moved aside so the crew could get a better look.
The creatures were EVERYWHERE.
Flying, playing or resting all over Kabera. There were tall trees and large fields covering the landscape. There were also long twisting rivers and streams.
The hybrid's leading the Ghost, directed them to a huge base. It was made from wood and concrete. Lookout posts, massive buildings and a few docking bays were round it. Behind the base was a huge, snow capped mountain. Ezra looked below him and saw a huge training yard where the creatures were doing parkour courses, target practice with their fire and barbs, and head to head combat. Ezra grinned and looked back to the base they were rapidly approaching.

"Fulcrum definitely made an amazing place" Hera said.

"Wonder how long it would have taken to build" Sabine asked.

"A few years I can imagine" Ezra replied.

The blue and yellow creature pointed to the docking bay and motioned to it with his head.
Hera nodded to him to show she understood before lowering the Ghost into a spare port. Steam hissed from the Ghost as it landed. Hera turned off the engines and the crew stood.

"Ready to meet Fulcrum?" Hera asked them.

"Well this planet's incredible. I'm sure they are too" Ezra replied.

The crew walked down the ramp.
The creatures gathered to take a better look at the new arrivals.
Someone approached them. He had brown hair and the same coloured eyebrows. His faint blue eyes held kindness.He wore dark robes and had a blaster in a holster.

"Hera Syndulla" he greeted.

"Blitzen told me you'd arrived."

He patted the yellow and blue creature who purred.

"Hello. This is the rest of my crew; Kanan Jarrus, Zeb, Sabine Wren, Ezra Bridger, and Chopper."

"I've heard a lot about your group" the man smiled.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Sabine asked.

"Oh right, sorry, I haven't introduced myself" he smiled at them.

"My name is Lux Bonteri."

Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲