Chapter 56

The Phantom jumped out of hyperspace into Lothal's atmosphere. The shuttle flew down to the planet and landed near the Jedi Temple where Ezra had gotten his kyber crystal. Ezra, Fawn, Kanan, Ahsoka, Whiplash, Hurricane, and Kyber left the ship as Chopper got out from his port. 

"Ezra, you come from Lothal?" Ahsoka asked as they walked towards the temple.

"Yup, this place is my home" Ezra replied. 

They reached the patterned circle that stood before the temple and stopped.

"This is it, if you, Fawn and Kanan stand here you can use the Force to open the temple" Ezra told the two female adults. 

"I cannot" Ahsoka said.

"Why?" Ezra inquired.

Fawn and Ahsoka shared a glance.

"Because I'm no longer a Jedi" Ahsoka answered. 

"It was my choice, I left the Order."

She walked forwards a bit and gazed up at the temple.

"It's probably best if you three open it." 

"What about us?" Whiplash asked.

"It's the safest option for Jedi to open the Temple, we have no idea what's going to happen if dragons do it as well" Fawn responded. 

"Alright then, Kanan, Fawn" Ezra said as Ahsoka gently clasped his shoulder as she passed him.

With a nod to one another, the trio stood in a horizontal line, arms raised to shoulders height. The rock instantly began to rise, ground shaking slightly as it turned. Ahsoka, Chopper and the dragons watched in wonder as the Temple rose from the ground. Ezra opened his eyes a fraction thenfelt them widen.

"Hey, where's the door going?" He asked as the doorway he and Kanan had entered for the Jedi test continued to go up.

Glancing over at Fawn and Kanan, he saw they were still concentrating and quickly did so too. Finally, the Temple stopped, revealing a marked and patterned door.

"This is new" Ezra remarked.

"Well, new problem, new door" Kanan reasoned. 

"Chop, you three, stay here" Kanan told the astromech and dragons.

The four of them nodded but Whiplash gave a rumble of concern as the group walked into the Temple. 

"Hey" Hurricane gently butted his brother with his side.

"Relax, they'll be fine."

"Until the Inquisitors show up" Whiplash said quietly so that the others couldn't hear him.

The group walked further into the Temple, entering a room where cave drawings lined the walls. The four of them looked round when the ground began to shake and saw the door was closing.

"How did you contact Master Yoda here?" Ahsoka asked.

"Well, he kinda contacted us" Kanan explained.

"I thought I was dreaming when I first hard Master Yoda's voice" Ezra remarked.

"And I was meditating" Kanan remembered.

"Then perhaps that's a good place to start?" Fawn suggested.

They sat on their knees in a circle on the floor, breathing in deeply and relaxing their bodies. It wasn't long at all before Kanan looked up.

"I see a doorway" he said.

"Where? I don't see anything" Ezra said.

"Neither do I" Ahsoka added.