Chapter 48

"Okay Whiplash, do it again" Ezra said picking up another Bracnula nut.

The dragon crouched as Ezra threw it upwards. Whiplash hit it three times into the air as it came down to him. After hitting it a third time with the horn between his nostrils, the dragon opened his jaws and caught it in his mouth.

"Nice" Ezra grinned as his dragon crunched up the treat. 

"Ezra, Whiplash is a dragon, not a dog" Sabine, who was sitting on the couch with boy, said

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ezra asked.

"You're teaching Whiplash tricks."

"Actually no, I'm not. Whiplash was taught this by Hurricane when he was younger. I just like seeing it" Ezra told the Mandalorin.

Both teens looked up when they heard the door open.

"Woah, Fawn. You look terrible. Trouble sleeping?" Colour Fly asked.

The Gray Jedi had dark bags underneath her eyes and looked exhausted. Hurricane stood beside her, looking up at his rider in concern.

"I was up thinking" Fawn told the Fire Horn dragon with a yawn.

"About what?" Ezra asked.

"Nothing you need to be concerned about" Fawn told him.

"I'm gonna get something to wake me up."

Ezra glanced at Sabine when Fawn left the room the the girl shrugged. Hurricane leapt up beside Ezra and sat down with a sigh.

"I don't know what's going on with her" he said when Ezra opened his mouth to ask. 

"All I know is when I went into the cabin last night she was mediating on her chair so I let her be. When I woke up this morning, she was wide awake staring at the wall. I don't think she slept a wink last night."

"I wonder what's keeping her up" Sabine commented. 

"I do too. The last time she was like this was when Ben died, but no one's passed that I know of" Hurricane told her.

"I'll go talk to her" Ezra said standing.

"You think that's a good idea?" Whiplash inquired.

"I'm her brother. I'm sure she'll tell me" Ezra replied.

Opening the kitchen door, Ezra walked in and looked at Fawn who was leaning against the wall, a cup of Kaff in her hands. Ezra cleared hi throat and Fawn opened her eyes.

"Yes?" She asked.

"What's going on with you?" Ezra inquired.

"Ezra, like I said, you don't need to worry about it."

"Well I'm your brother and I do worry about you sometimes, it's what siblings do. We're also supposed to trust each other right? I'm trying to help you Fawn. It's the least I can do after everything you've done for me."

Fawn gazed at Ezra with a small smile on her face.

"What? What is it?"

"You remind me so much of mum" Fawn told him.

"Stubborn, kind, and phenomenal."

Ezra rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as Fawn went over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Ezra, thank you for looking out for me, but this is something no one can help me with. It's a personal matter."

"Just say one word to sum it up" Ezra told her.

"Complicated" Fawn replied.

"Complicated? That doesn't tell me much but I can tell it was complicated enough to keep you up all night. You must be tired."

"I'm fine" Fawn said, trying to stifle an oncoming yawn.

"Liar" Ezra smirked.

"Okay, I'm a little tired I will admit but I'm sure I'll be back to normal in no time. I've just gotta forget about my troubles. That's all" Fawn said.

'But the only problem is; how do you forget about someone you've fallen for?' she wondered.