A String of Bad Luck

(Christian POV) Sunday

(on the phone)

"Yes Mom, we're coming over for lunch.....Do we need to bring anything?.....Ok Mom.....Love you too....See you then."

I hang up and call out for Ana.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks.

"I just got off the phone with Mom. She asked if we could bring a bag of ice. Her ice maker is on the fritz."

"Oh..Ok. Is that all?"

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something before we head over."

"Ok?"

"How would you feel about joining your company with mine?"

"Huh? What in the world are you talking about?"

"Look, I've been thinking about this since Friday. We both miss Teddy, and we both want to be there for all these first moments. So I was thinking..... I have two recently empty floors at Grey House, and they are four times bigger than Grey Publishing. So I was wondering what you thought about moving the company to Grey House. I can even have Elliott build a state of the art nursery and daycare area, with CCTV cameras that we can watch while we work. You and I can have lunch together every day, walk down to the nursery at any time to see him, and maybe we could also get together in my office for a little afternoon delight!"

I knew that would get her attention as I see her blush.

"Hmm...I don't know. I mean, it would be nice to have all that extra space. Not to mention having the baby there all the time. But we can't ask Gail to come there everyday."

"I know. We would need to hire professional caretakers to work there."

"How soon would you want to do this?"

"Immediately. I wanted to see what you thought before we head over to Mom and Dad's. That way I can get Elliott on it as soon as possible."

"So what would we do with the building that Grey Publishing is in now?"

"Well we can either sell it or rent it out. Whichever you want. I would prefer to sell it.  Bad memories there anyways." I tell her as my mind wanders back to when Hyde assaulted her there.

She sits down in the chair, drumming her fingers against her cheek. I can tell my offer has great appeal to her.

"Ok Christian! Let's do it!" She smiles with excitement.

"Really! You will?"

"Yes really! It's the best of both worlds. And afterall, you did promise me the world."

I walk around my desk swiftly and pull her into my arms. Holding her and passionately kissing her. Now to head over to my parents for lunch and to talk to Elliott and get him started on it right away.

____________________________________________

(APOV)

We're sitting at the table together as a family. Carrick and Grace are at the ends opposite each other. Christian, Teddy, Mia and I are on one side with Teddy between us. Grandpa Theo, Grandma Addy, Elliott and Kate are across the table. I love this close feeling. I wish I had grown up with a family like this, as opposed to sitting in the living room with TV trays watching television and no one really saying much to each other.

As the last of the food is placed on the table, Grace asks who would like to say the blessing.

"Elliott, would you say grace?"