The Proposal/Thanksgiving Day

(Narrator's POV)

Mia pulls into the drive, parking her car in her usual spot. The excitement of the day has filled her to the brim.

Opening her car door, stepping out and shutting the door, she presses the fob. She hears the signature tweet and honk of the horn, letting her know the alarm is set. She straightens her white with black stripes skirt as she heads towards the front door.

Placing her key in the lock she hears the familiar click as she turns the knob and opens the front door.

A wave of soft musk lofts in the air, filling her nose. As her eyes adjust, they instantly lock on the soft light flowing up the stairs. Long stemmed red roses and petals trail up the steps, lit only by the flicker of candles running along side of them. Taking each step slowly one at a time, she makes her way to the top. Stopping every two steps and collecting the roses.

Upon reaching the top, she looks down at her hands and counts

Upon reaching the top, she looks down at her hands and counts. A total of 12 roses she now holds.

A familiar songs begins to play. I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees. She can't fight the smile on her face as she follows the sound of the music. Turning the corner, she continues to follow the trail of petals. When she enters the living room, her hands drop the roses as she gasps and covers her mouth in surprise. Luke is dressed in an impressive black tuxedo. He stands in the center of a rose petal shaped heart with candles surrounding it. The room glows from the flickering of more candles than she has ever seen before.

Luke extends his hand to her. Placing her hand in his, he leads her to the center of the heart.

Her mind is trying to wrap around the breathtaking site before her

Her mind is trying to wrap around the breathtaking site before her. Before she can form a single word, Luke begins to speak.

"Mia, you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. I choose you, and I'll always choose you over and over again, without pause, without doubt and in a heartbeat. You're the first person I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight. The first time that I saw you, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold you. Love isn't perfect. It isn't a fairytale or a storybook, and it doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me."