It's Halloween

(Halloween party at Carrick and Grace's)

(Grace POV)

I'm just putting the final touches on my spooky cupcakes. Now to check my face and costume one more time. It's awful snug, but it looks good. I head back downstairs and see Carrick mixing up his lethal drink concoction that will be served tonight. I'm so excited to see everyone all dressed up. Of course the only ones we know about are Mia and Luke. We sure like him a lot. I wish she'd agree to let us tell her brothers about their relationship. But she's terrified that Christian will fire him​. However we promised to keep it a secret for now. I've seen how he looks at her. He loves her so much. I truly believe he wants to marry her too.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear the doorbell. As I open the door, I see my baby girl all dolled up in a pair of my scrubs and doctor's coat with an old stethoscope around her neck. Standing behind her is Luke. He's wearing a three piece suit carrying a briefcase. He looks so handsome.

"Oh Mia. If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were a real doctor!"

"Oh Mom." She scoffs.

"And Luke. You look very handsome tonight!"

"Thank you ma'am." He nods.

"Now Luke, you know to call me Grace."

"Sorry Grace. It's a habit."

"No worries. Come in please. You two are the first to arrive."

"Luke! How are ya son?" Carrick says as he shakes Luke's hand.

"Fine Sir.....I mean fine Carrick. I'm just worried about tonight. If Mr. Grey figures out  about Mia and I, I'm done for."

"Don't you worry about Christian. We can handle him."

"But...."

"But nothing. I'm serious. Relax and have a good time." Carrick emphasizes.

"Ok. I'll try. But if anyone ask about what I am, can we just say a business man?" Luke pleads.

"I don't see why not. After all, a lawyer knows how to get down to business. Now, how about a quick drink to settle those nerves," Carrick asks as he and Luke make there way towards the kitchen.

Mia and I head towards the living room. I really want to talk to her about her and Luke.

"Mia, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Mom."

"Are you happy with Luke?"

"Oh God yes! I love him!"

"Would you say the two of you are madly in love with each other?"

"Yes, I know we are."

"Do you want to marry him and have a family together?"

"Oh Mom....I really do. We've talked about the future, if we both want kids some day. We both agreed. The only problem is Christian. I'm so scared that he will fire him. Luke loves his job. But I really want a life with him so bad it hurts."

I can't take it anymore. My child should NOT be afraid or fear their older sibling, under any circumstance. Time to fix this. I pull Mia into my arms and hug her tight. I will do anything for my children if it makes them happy.

"I'll be right back sweetheart. I just need to check on your Daddy."

As I head into the kitchen, I see Carrick grinning bigger than I've ever seen before. He's shaking Luke's hand and pulling him in for a big bear hug. What in the world is this about? Carrick looks at me beaming.