A Christmas They Won't Forget

(Mia's POV)

It's been an incredible three weeks.  The first week was rather interesting. My morning sickness started. I had to sneak an extra call to Ana to find out what I can do to stop it. Ana told me Ginger Ale and crackers.

Good thing Jason left the Ginger Ale here. Although I had to ask Carmella if she could pick up more. Luke tried to pour me a glass of champagne our first morning. I told him it wasn't setting well with my stomach for some reason. He bought it. Thank goodness.

So most of the time I drank water, milk and tea. By our second week, my appetite went through the roof. I was constantly hungry. I've actually been hiding food all over the house. So once again I had to sneak a call in to Ana. She said her cravings didn't kick in until nearly 8-10 weeks. But I guess everybody's different. She did ask me what I've been craving, so I told her dairy and sweet stuff. She told me with Teddy, she craved salty stuff and meat. Maybe that means I'm having a girl then. Who knows.

So I've convinced Luke to let us fly home a day early. Christian left us the plane here so why not use it. I told Luke I needed to get some Christmas shopping done. Now here we are on the morning of Dec. 20, getting dressed to head back home.

I called Christian yesterday to let him know. And while I was at it, I talked to Ana, who in turn talked to Kate, about the three of us getting together for our big reveal. Ana assured me it's all set up.

"Ugh.... ugh..." I grunt and struggle.

"Mia, what's wrong baby?"

"Umm...I guess with us being cooped up in here for three weeks, I've put on a few pounds and can't seem to button up my pants."

"Well I know you're usually on the go all the time, plus working out at the gym three days a week. Not to mention all the cardio we've been doing lately. But I don't think a few pounds is going to hurt you. Do you have any other pants you could wear?"

"Yeah, I've got another pair. I'll go put them on."

Grabbing my other pants, I walk into the bathroom. Turning sideways, I lift my shirt and look at myself in the mirror. Oh my, I already have a little bump going on. Wow! That was fast! Especially for 7-8 weeks along. I am so glad Luke and everybody else will finally know in 5 days. Then I won't have to hide this anymore. And with me starting to show, it can't come soon enough.

While I finish up, Luke loads the car. Before we know it, we are landing in Seattle.

______________________________

(Once home, Mia calls up Ana)

"Hi Ana!"

"Hey Mia! Did you just get home?"

"Yes, we got home a while ago. So what time are we on for?"

"4pm. And Kate is already over here. So we'll be there in a few."

"Works for me. I'll see ya then!"

"See ya then. Bye!"

"Luke," I call out. "I'm going out to do some Christmas stuff with Ana and Kate."

"Ok baby. You girls be safe."

"We will. I love you!"

"Love you too!"

A kiss goodbye and I'm out the door.

______________________________

CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHT

(Carrick and Grace's house)
(Christian's POV)

Like most family traditions, ours is to gather at Mom and Dad's. I can't wait to give Ana her Christmas gift. I hope she will love it.