The New God (11)

Dean's POV.●

It's been awhile since I last saw Storm. My heart still wishes I hadn't said what I did, but it can't be undone.

The wall that Death put up in Sammy's mind broke. Sam is in a deep sleep and chained in Bobby's panic room in case of an apocalypse. Bobby and I angel proofed the cell to be on the safe side. Looking at Sammy makes me wish I hadn't told Storm to go. She'd be here, trying to figure this crap out if it wasn't for me. And it's all my fault. I try to be civil, it just doesn't work. Especially, when I know Strom is out there with a frickin' angel doing who knows what. But that angel is a friend at the moment. Balthazar is helping us and that's all that matters right now.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Bobby said from the door.

I looked over and saw our feathered girl stealing punk. "Well, at least you mudfish finally got the angel-proofing right. How's sleeping beauty?" He questioned, pointing at Sammy.

"What the Hell took you so long?" I roughly inquiry as I go to the door.

Balthazar looks at me. "Honestly? I was having second thoughts."

Second thoughts? What the Hell!?

"About?"

"About whether to help you. I was thinking maybe-- Maybe I should rip out your sticky bits instead. Only to save Storms insanity." Balthazar replied with a strange tone of voice.

Bobby looked at me in worry. "And what did you decided?"

"Well..." Balthazar reaches into his pocket and hands me a folded piece of paper. "Cas and Crowley are there. That's where the show gets started."

I show Bobby the paper. "All right, well, give us a minute to pack up and then zap us there."

"Oh, no, no, no, no. I don't think so." He says, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"Balthazar!" I shouted.

"I'm betraying a friend here. A very powerful friend. We all are. So I think I've stuck my neck out far enough already. Good luck." And just like that our feathery friend was gone.

●Storm's POV.●

"Balthazar!" I shouted, running to him. "How is everything?"

He wrapped his arms around me and twirled me around. "Everything is fine."

Balthazar had a sad look in his eyes. "No, it's not. Your words may be able to lie, but your eyes tell a different story."

A sigh rolled from his lips. "I hate that you're always right." Balthazar leads me to the couch and sat me down. "It's Cas. He wants me to stand by his side and support him."

"Support him in what?"

"He's going to open the gates of Purgatory with Crowley by his side. That's the only way they can beat Raphael." Balthazar explained.

I shook my head. "It's not the only way. I'm sure there is another option. We just have to look for it."

Balthazar looked at me with a sly smile. "It's too late."

For a reason, I didn't know tears started to form in my eyes. "It can't be."

"I have to go. Cas is calling me."

I grabbed Balthazar's arm. "I'm going with you!" I demanded.

"Storm... What if it's not safe?"

"Then I shall die by your side."

Balthazar shook his head. He didn't want to take me, but he knew he had no choice.

●●

I had no idea where we were. It looks like some torture dungeon. Blood was on the floor, walls, and even coats that hung on a rack. Cas, he was sitting a silver platform that reminded me of Crowley. He was also holding a jar that held what I think was blood.