The Phone Call (28)

Cas took us to go see Kevin. I walked around, looking at everything that kid had on the walls of the houseboat he was at. Apparently, Garth owns the thing and was helping Kevin stay alive. The demon tablet was in pieces because who knows why. Kevin gave Cas a list of things we needed for a demon-killing spell. Dean and I waited with Kevin.

Suddenly, Dean's phone rang.

"Hey, I thought I told you to go underground," Dean angrily answered the phone. "I know, your granddaughter and Storm told me."

I quickly went to Dean's side because I knew he was talking to Benny.

"Well, shoe on the other foot, you would have done the same," Dean said, pushing me away. "Working a case on the other side of the country. Why? What's up?"

"Dean! If that's Benny, I want to talk to him!" I shouted, trying to grab the phone. 

Dean held his finger up. "Benny. One day at a time, man... Alright, as soon as I'm done with this case. I'll uh... I'll be there, okay?" Dean cleared his throat. "There's someone here who wants to talk to you." Then Dean handed me the phone.

"Benny?" I softly said, trying to hold tears back.

"Hey, there baby. It's real good to hear your voice," he replied with a sad tone.

"It's good to hear yours. I miss you."

"I know, baby and I'm sorry for leaving. I'm a vampire and smelling that blood of my granddaughter... I didn't want to hurt you, Storm. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt the women I love. But oh, how I miss your sweet lips. And your sweet body."

Tears started streaming down my face and there was no stopping them. "You're alright, Benny. I understand. But you could have told me that from the start." But I smiled to myself. "I miss your lips too. You know -- how you would kiss my neck and slowly travel down."

"Keep it P13 over there," Dean yelled.

Benny gave a soft chuckle. "I'm sorry, but I was never really good at say goodbyes. You come with Dean and I'll see you, baby. Maybe we can get a room for a few hours."

"I don't know if the old man, Dean will allow that," I joked. Dean gave me a stern look, so I quickly looked the other direction. "But I'll for sure be there. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Alright, baby. Oh and Storm?" Benny said.

I held the phone tighter. "Yes, Benny?"

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too Benny. I'll you soon."

I hung up and handed the phone to Dean. "I'm just going to step outside real quick," I said, holding back the waterworks.

I was sitting with my legs over the side of the boat, holding my face as I cried. The door behind me creaked open and shut.

"Somebody need a friend?" Dean childishly questioned, sitting down next to me.

I shook my head and quickly whipped away the tears and acted as nothing happened. "No, I'm fine."

"Storm, I know you're not," Dean replied with a more serious tone.

I cocked my head towards him. "It doesn't matter anyway."

"Yes it does," Dean awkwardly wrapped me in his arms. "It will be okay, Storm. Benny loves you and he's only doing what he thinks is best... for you."

"I know, I just miss him much, Dean," I cried more, my voice muffled by his shirt.

"I know," Dean sighed, stroking my hair.