Forgiveness (36)

Things have been going great, fantastic actually. Sam and I found a new lead on the third trail. We actually found the angel that created the tablets. When we found him we were able to get Kevin back, who wasn't dead, just kidnapped. On top of that, Storm and I have been doing great. She's a real wild card, but she's the only one I want. I have no idea what I'd do without her. Obviously, I'd be knee-deep in booze and strippers. 

Then we found Cas on the side of the road. Now there's Sam, who is literally dying from these trails. I've been doing my best to baby him, but there's only so much a man can do. 

Storm's POV.

Dean came to my room to get me to come with him for a supply run. Since they found Cas he's been off, more pissed than normal. 

"Dean?" I spoke, turning to him as I sat in the front. "Are you okay?" 

He looked over his arm which was propped up on the steering wheel. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

I clicked my tongue and adjusted myself to be closer to him. "I mean, after Kevin, Cas, and the third trail, I just want to make sure that you are all okay. I mean, I can tell that Cas did kind of hurt you." 

"If it was anyone else, I'd stab them in their neck, Storm. Cas ignored us, ran away with the Angel Tablet and he wants me to just forgive him as if nothing happened?" Dean shook his head and put his focus back to the road. "That's not happening, not this time." 

Leaning over I rested my head on his shoulder, wrapping one hand on his strong muscles while the other sat on his leg. "I know, Dean. I'm not saying to forgive him, I'm just saying to take it easy." 

Getting back to the bunker, Sam held up an old film tape at us. "Movie night?" He called. 

Dean and I quickly put our groceries away and sat down with Sam and Cas. The woman filming the tape looked like the demon Abaddon when she was a human. There was a demon chained up in the film. 

"Hey, those chains look exactly like the ones in our dungeon," Sam mentioned from behind. 

I looked at Dean with glee. "We have a dungeon?" 

Dean grinned and winked at me. "A demon on a leash... Cool." 

The demon in the film was expelled by speaking Latin while the other man held his cut open hand over her mouth. The poor lady laid on the floor with her chest ripped open. 

"Well, that was weird... with three exclamation points," Dean spoke with his arms crossing his chest. 

I shook my head a little, looking over at Sam who had stopped the film. "That wasn't a normal exorcism. They changed the words." 

"I believe 'lustra' is Latin for wash or cleanse," Cas mentioned to us. 

Dean sat up in his chair to look behind at Sam. "Oh, yeah because the most freaky thing was the vocabulary," Dean shot at him. "What about the bloody high five or the chest burster? Anything else on the film, like director's commentary, sequel maybe?" 

Sam was typing away on his laptop and by the time Dean was done talking he had something. "Listen to this, the older priest, Max Thompson, bit the dust in '58, but the younger one is still alive and still in ST. Louis."

"You think this kind of weird is worth the drive?" 

"Dean, everything in those folders -- the possessions, the deals, all of it -- we've seen that before, but that --" Sam had to stop to take a breath. "That was all new. Yeah, it's worth the drive." 

"Alright, let's roll." Dean stood up and as did all of us. "Not you," he growled at Cas. 

Cas scoffed. "Sam is much more damaged than I am." 

"Yeah, well, you know, even banged up, Sammy comes through," Dean grunted. 

Like a lost puppy without a home, Cas whined back. "Dean, I just want to help." 

"We don't need your help! Just stay here and -- and get better." Dean rolled his eyes and walked away. 

Cas sat back down like he just lost the love of his life. I patted his shoulder and ran after them. 

"Dean?" I called, running up to his side. 

"Where's your jacket? Ah, nevermind, I have one of mine in the car." Dean pulled me in with one arm around my shoulder. 

I gently removed it. "I'm staying here, Dean." 

The look he gave me was horrible, like I just broke his heart, again. "Why?" 

I shrugged. "Dean, you don't need me on every ride. I'll be okay. Besides, someone needs to stay here and do some homework. Maybe I'll talk to Cas." 

Dean pulled me in for a hug. "Just be careful, you know what Cas has done to you." 

Giving Dean a squeeze, I chuckled. "Better come home quickly. I just found out we have a dungeon and you're leaving me. Maybe Cas is the one that should be careful." 

Dean purred in my ear, kissing me before Sam pulled him away. 

Cas seemed upset by the way Dean scolded him. 

"Dean is just angry about you leaving. Don't worry too much, Cas," I tried assuring him. 

His face still had the look of being broken. "Maybe I should go get gifts for Dean." 

I chuckled. "Dean and I were just out and got supplies. Besides I'm not something Dean can find in a porno magazine." 

"Right, you two are a together." Cas looked at me with a creepy smile. "I was wondering when that was going to happen. Everyone was waiting for it." 

I gave him a rough-looking frown and pointed to the door. "You can leave now." 

Cas had disappeared and had not come back, so when the boys returned I wasn't sure what to tell them.