Sorry (14)

"Dean, let's go!" I shouted through the store aisles.

"But Storm." He called back. "There's pie!"

"Ugh!" I groaned, heading back to Dean. "We have to head back. Bobby and Sam and expecting us with food and booze."

Dean gave puppy dog eyes. "Pie?"

My fist found its way to my hip. "Get the stupid pie."

Dean and I checked out with the stuff we got. The cashier looked at me weirdly.

"Not to be weird, but you guys are cute together." The young girl with purple faded hair said as she popped her bubble gum.

Dean and I looked at each other.

"No, no, no. We're.. we're not together. He and I are.. we're just ah.. friends." I nervously informed.

Dean gave a weird smile because he didn't know what to say.

The girl shrugged. "That's too bad. You make a cute couple. That will $65.73."

Dean handed her the money, grabbed most of the bags and left.

●●

I buckled up while Dean put the groceries in the back of the Impala.

A loud sigh came from him when he got into the driver's seat. Though Dean didn't start the Impala. Instead, he sat there looking at the wheel.

"Storm." Dean started.

"Dean?"

"Please just listen. I know there's been some bad blood between us lately and I want to apologize... for everything. When I found out that you were staying with Balthazar I was angry. I was angry that you were for a better life. I wouldn't you to stay because I didn't want my life to change. Personally, I like when it's us four. You know, Bobby, you, Sammy, and me." Dean looks down at his hand and takes in a breath. "I want to say that... I'm sorry that I told you to go. I'm sorry that I told you never to come back because I missed you, Storm."

"Dean." My voice broke. "It's alright. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. You got that?"

"I'm just so sorry, Storm. I'm sorry."

"Dean, it's fine. You're just really emotional because Cas is gone." I reached over and ran my fingers through his hair. "Let's go home."

Dean nodded. "Remember when we were hunting that Djinn back in Illinois."

"Yeah. It had you under its spell." I commented.

"Ya, but that's not all. When I was under its spell... I was in a dream were everything that we did, the people we saved was undone. I was happy. So was Sammy. The thing is..." Dean stopped to take a breath. "I was with you in this other world. We were together and you were amazing."

I chuckled a bit. "I didn't know you had a thing for me," I joked. "But that really wasn't me."

"I know," Dean shrugged, nervously. "But seeing you and Sam -- happy. I'm just sorry that you guys were dragged into all this mess."

"Dean-Bean, it's all fine. I chose to be here. And in that dream, clearly, I chose to be with you for some reason. Now you can't go around blaming yourself for no reason. Dean, I love you." I stopped and looked at Dean with wide eyes. "Umm. Well, I, uh, love you as a brother or a cool uncle."

Dean got that sly 'you know it's stupid, but I'm right' smile on his face. "In that dream we had sex and your body was nice. And I'm too old to be an uncle." 

"Oh, shut up!" I groaned, turning to him. Leaning in and pecked a quick kiss on his cheek. "And you're old." 

●●

"Hey, lovebirds." Bobby greets as Dean and I walk in with the groceries.

"So, it looks like we got some bad news for a change. Stockville, North Kansas -- Most of a high school swim team got mangled to death in their locker room." Sam informs us.

"Cop-talk on the wire's kind of garbled. Saying it looks like some kind of wild-animal attack." Bobby clarifies.

Sam looked at Dean. "It's a lead, Dean."

I clapped my hands together in an exciting way. "Hunting trip?"

"Sam is not going on a hunt." Dean coldly announced.

"No, I know. I'm not. But you two are." Sam said. "It's a few hours of a drive and it could be something dealing with leviathans."

"Alright." Dean groaned.

Dean's POV.●

Arriving at the crime scene, Storm and I pull out our badges.

"Hi, special agent Anderson and this is my partner Smith," I told a guard that guarded the crime scene.

"Ian." Storm says to the guy that was investigating the scene.

"Yeah okay." The guy says. "Our point cop's out on the doughnut. Forensic. I can show you the layout. And step lightly. We got a whole bunch of NC-17 shizznickles right over there.

Storm looks up at me. She was trying not to laugh at the dork. We both walked into the locker room and was looking around.

"Dean." Storm softly said to get my attention.

I looked over at her. She was pointing at a black smug on the wall.

"Damn it." I gritted my teeth.

"Well, let's get a burger and head home." Storm suggested.

I nodded. "Agreed."

We got more details on the whole thing before leaving.

●●

We went to a bar for food. I didn't hit on any chick's because I was with Storm. Besides, being with Storm chased the chick's away. But it didn't stop some drunk dude coming over to our table.

"Well, hello sexy." He roughly said, leaning on the table, trying to look good.

"Yeah, no. Not a chance." Storm warned.

The guy extended his arm and brush her hair. "Come on, Babe. Let's go somewhere and have some fun."

Storm scoffed. "Will you back off and go away."

The guy didn't listen, so I stood up. I took him by the shoulder and lead him out of the bar. Coming back to the table, Storm gave me a small smile.

"Thank you, Dean."

"No problem. No one is going to mess with my Storm when I'm around." I replied.

"I'm yours now?" She questioned.

I gave her a nervous smile. "You know what I mean."

"Mm-hm. Okay."

●●

After we were full Storm and I hopped into the Impala and headed back to Bobby's. On our way back, Storm called Sam to give him the updates.

"Hi, Sam. Turns out that we're positive for ick. Same kind of stuff that came out of Cas." Storm fake coughed. "That's what Dean said."

I shot a glare at her. "Really?"

Storm shrugged innocently. "That's what you told me. Anyways, two of the swim kids are missing. They even stole one of their parents' cars. State troopers got surveillance cam on the kids, about six hours old. They're gassing up just south of the Dakota line, we're heading back your way. So we'll just track 'em from Bobby's. Alright. Bye."

Getting back to Bobby's we found the house burned to the ground. Out only guess was the leviathans. So we found Bobby and headed for his extra house.