Reading is Fundamental Part 2 (22)

It was late when the boys and I arrived at the mental hospital Cas was at. Meg lead us to his room where we found Cas was staring out the window.

"Hey, Cas," Dean said as we entered the room.

It took a bit for Castiel to turn around and look at us. "Hello, Dean." Cas looked at Sam than me. "Sam. Storm."

"Hey, Cas," Sam and I said when a sly smile.

"Look at you, walkin' and talkin'. That's -- That's great, right?" Dean spoke as Castiel got closer to him.

Castiel then held his hand mid-chest to Dean with his pointer finger pointing at Dean. "Pull my finger," Cas smiles.

Dean confusedly looked at Castiel's hand and back at him. "What?"

"My finger -- pull it."

Dean looked around at us with a nervous and confused smile then he pulls Castiel's finger. Following the finger pulling all the lights burst above us. Cas lets out a laugh.

Meg got a light bulb from the storeroom so we could see. Castiel remembers who he is, what he is which is good. But he's very off.

"He's been like the naked guy at the rave ever since he woke up. Totally useless." Meg explains.

Cas looks over at her with a soft smile. "Will you look at her. My caretaker. All of the thorny pain. So beautiful."

"We've over this. I don't like poetry. Put up or shut up." Meg mutters to Cas.

Sam clears his throat. "Hmm. Okay. So, Cas, you said you woke up last night?"

"Yes. I heard a ping that pierced me, and, well, you wouldn't have it unless you were an angel, at the time." Cas explained.

"That's also when we opened this," Sam said, showing Cas the tablet.

Cas takes the bag and looks at the table. "Oh. Of course. Now I understand."

"Understand what?" I questioned.

"You were the ones... Well... I guess that makes sense." Cas chuckles.

Dean didn't like that. "What makes sense?"

Cas turns to the window. "If someone was going to free the word from the vault of the Earth, it would end up being you three." Turning to us Cas gives us a strange smile. "I love you guys." Then he pulls us close and gives the three of us a big hug.

It was very awkward for Sam and Dean because they weren't sure what they were supposed to do. So they patted his back and tried to get away from him.

"Alright, you said something about the world." Is that what's writing on there?" Sam asked, pushing Cas arm's length away.

Cas looks straight at Sam. "Did you know that a cat's penis is sharply barbed along its shaft?" Then Cas towards Dean. "I know for a fact that females were not consulted about that." Castiel looks at me and winks, then spins around and goes back to the window.

"Dude, we need your help," I shouted at him. Dean placed his hand on my shoulder telling me that it will be okay.

Looking over the tablet Cas still faced out the window. "This is the handwriting of Metatron."

Sam looked down at me for a second. "Metatron? Are you saying a Transformer wrote that?"

Dean and I looked at Sam who was dumbfounded.

"No. That's Megatron," Dean corrected.

"What!?" Sam shot a confused look at Dean.

"The transformer-- It's Megatron," Dean said again.

"What?" Clearly, Sam was shocked that Dean knows that.

Castiel turned around, annoyed of the boys. "Met-A-Tron. He's an angel. He's the scribe of God. He took down dictation when creation was being formed."

"So that's the word of God?" I asked, stepping closer to Dean.

Cas nodded his head. "One of them, yes."

"Can you read it? What does it say." I questioned.

Cas rose the tablet to the light, trying to read it. "Uh..... tree? Horse? Fiddler crab? I can't read it. It wasn't meant for angels."

"Okay. this all sounds bad. What are you three jackasses doing with the word of God? Let me see that thing." Meg stepped over to Cas to see the tablet but Dean denied.

"Back off, Meg." He says, getting closer to Cas.

Dean and Meg started to shout at each other which made Castiel say "don't like conflict" and he just disappeared, dropping the tablet and breaking it. Meg said he would be in the Dayroom, so Dean ran down there while Sam and I stayed and waited. Sam got down on the floor and picked the pieces off the floor and nicely put them in a bag. I left to get food from the cafeteria. When I came back with a slice of pie, Sam and Meg weren't in the room. Sticking my head out the door, I saw no one. Then I looked out the window. Sam was outside chasing some weasel-like boy around. I couldn't help but laugh. I ran outside after them. When I got to Sam and Meg, the boy was on the ground and he was gripping the bag close to him.

"I'm a... K-Kevin Tran. I'm in advanced placement. P-p-p-p-please don't kill me." The boy girlishly huffed.

Sam grabbed the kid by the collar and lifted him to his feet. "I'm not going to kill you." Then Sam tried to grab the bag, but Kevin wouldn't give it up.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why, but I can't let go of this." The kid informed with a scared tone.

Meg and Sam brought Kevin inside, but I left to go find Dean before they began talking.

I was opening the door to the Dayroom when someone ran out of it. They knocked me down, but their feet got caught on mine, so they fell on top of me. Looking up, I looked right into Deans beautiful green eyes. His arms held him up, but our faces were still really close. His chest was almost teaching mine, but our legs were somewhat entwined, so I could feel him touching me.

"Hey, Storm. How's it going?" Dean casually said.

"Get off of me, you dork!" I shouted, pushing him off me.

Dean helped me up, but he made it weird by winking at me. so I punched him.

"Sam found a boy who tried stealing the tablet."

"Well, Cas said that Sam was talking to angels, so we need to get back to the room." Dean grabbed my hand and pulled me behind as we jogged to the room.

Pulling a knife out and drawing an angel banishing sigil, Dean blasted the two angels and Cas away.

"All angels blown back to their corners. We got like three, four hours tops." I announced.

"Meg, where'd you get that?" Sam asked, pointing at her new fancy blade.

"A lot of angels died this year..." Meg couldn't finish what she was saying because Kevin started to scream.

He was yelling, "what's happening?!"

Dean looked around Sam and looked at him with a glare. "What is that?" Dean asked.

"It's, uh... Kevin Tran." Sam answered. "He's, uh, in advanced placement."

We all stayed in the room for a little while until Kevin claimed down. Then Dean suggested we go to Rufus's cabin, so Kevin could read the tablet and figure a way to kill Dick. I slept most of the way. I laid down on the way back and slept. When we got to the cabin, I didn't want to walk, so Sam carried me in.