RIKKI ✔️

The coral flies by me as I head towards mako. I smile at the sight of a dolphin near by and chuckle as it's fin flaps up and down with a little wave. I give a quick wave back and then continue on my journey to making island.

The sight of the place brings me chill down my spine. Rocks cover the sand and small shards of blue moon rock surround the perimeter of the underwater cave.

Mako island is totally destroyed.

I shake my head. I can't enjoy my time in this dumpster ever again.  Never.

I turn and swim back, passing by the same dolphin.

"Hello," I hear a voice and look around for a owner.

But how could a voice travel through the ocean like that? It's literally impossible. I mean, becoming a mermaid is impossible, but voices traveling through the ocean and being heard completely clear is totally impossible. Right?

"Wanna play?" The squeaky voice comes back and look around, but the only living thing around is the dolphin. I narrow my eyes at it, asking myself again how this is even possible. "What's your name?" My eyes widen as the dolphin puts it's head up, sort of directing it's snout towards me. It's eyes are questioning, putting me on trial.

Before I can do more, I start speed swimming towards the surface.

I have to tell the others.

...
Hi, how'd you like the first chapter? I wrote this book a long time ago, and tried to go fix grammar mistakes a couple of years ago. There are probably still a few, please try to ignore them. Also, you'll notice that the chapters are super short. I was young when I wrote this and was uncommitted to writing anything longer then like 200 words, lol. Even so, I hope you'll still enjoy the story. Leave some feedback—votes and comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Caroline Grace